Chapter Two

The next morning we got up early to get ready for school. We weren't technically the 'popular kids' I guess you could say at school. We kinda just hung out with everyone and anyone. We didn't have one little group like everyone else did.

I curled my hair in soft curls, and put on skinny jeans and a red tank top. I put a black cover up on over my tank top to complete the outfit. I then applied my makeup and waited on Naomi to get ready.

She straightened her hair and was wearing jeans with a blue striped shirt. We ate breakfast, told my mother bye, and went out the door.

•••

After school we had play practice. We were in Drama class at school and we are in the musical Annie Jr. I'm an orphan and Naomi is a servant. Rehearsal lasted until 6:00 so we had to get home to check the announcements.

Right as we pulled into the drive-way we both got out and ran to our room. We pulled out our laptops and just our luck the wifi was screwed up. There was no way for us to check the winner. I let out a sigh and fell back on my bed.

"Great just our luck." Naomi said.

"Yep. Life sucks then you die." I said.

"I'm hungry do you want to go downstairs and get some food?" She asked.

"Why not I have nothing better to do." I answered.

We walked down the stairs and fixed Ramon noodles for supper.

"Do you think we even had a chance of winning?" I asked.

"Nope. Not at all."

"Yea. That's what I thought."

After supper we went back upstairs and ran over our lines together for the play. Even though we know we didn't win it still upset us to not see the results. I wonder how close we actually were to winning though. This has been like the 100th contest we've entered for them.

My phone started ringing and it was my boyfriend. We haven't been on the best terms here lately. We get in arguments all the time about stupid things. He even hit me a couple weeks ago and I had to lie to my parents and tell them I got hurt at softball practice. I have wanted to break up with him for a while but after he hit me I'm to scared to. Naomi doesn't even know he hurts me for all she knows we just argue a lot.

"Hello." I answered the phone.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Zach."

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"You want to sneak out with me?"

"Zach you know I can't do that. I have a math test tomorrow."

"We won't stay out that late. I promise. There is a party at Caleb's house though and I need you to be my date."

"I can't tonight I'm sorry."

"What if I came and got you?"

"Don't my parents will catch you."

"Fine then if you can't come to the party I will just come to you."

"Zach..."

"Don't worry I'll be there in ten minutes babe."

Then he hung up the phone.

"Naomi?"

"Yea."

"Zach is on his way here."

"What? Why?"

"He wanted me to go to a party and I said no so he said he would come to me."

"Why?"