Chapter Sixty-Nine

When I pulled into Naomi and Niall's house I prepared myself to get yelled at by Zayn. I knew I owned him an explaination. I mean I just left in the middle of the night and never returned.

Sure enough as soon as I walked inside the House Zayn was there. "Where the hell have you been?!" He screamed. Naomi and Niall were in the living room so I knew they could hear us.

"I know. I'm sorry I just..." I started to apologize but couldn't finish my sentence because Zayn interrupted me.

"What the hell happened to your face?!" He asked grabbing it between his two large hands. "Who did this to you?"

"No one. It's nothing." I said trying to pull away but he tightened his grip softly to hold me in place.

"Charlie tell me who hurt you."

"Zayn it's fine really...."

"Now!" He said sternly and rather loud. I flinched at his harsh tone of words. I had never seen him like this before. It almost scared me.

"Z-Zach." I stuttered. "My ex boyfriend before Harry..." I finished.

"Where does he live? I'm going to kill him!"

"No it's okay Harry already..."

"Harry was there?!" His eyes growing even darker with rage. "Why was Harry there?"

"I-I texted him."

"You did what?!" His voice getting louder by the second.

"I just needed to talk to him. N-nothing happened. I swear." I lied. I was just scared if I said anything else Zayn may actually hurt me.

"What did you need to talk to him about?"

"Personal things. I would really appreciate it if I didn't have to repeat them."

"So Harry saved you?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Y-yes."

"Pull your shirt up."

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Pull your shirt up. Let me see if you have anymore bruises."

"Not right here." I protested.

"Charlie either take it off or I will. Now do it damn it."

"O-okay." I slowly started lifting my shirt up when he grabbed it from my hand and yanked it over my head in one fast motion.

"Oh my gosh!" He gasped.

"I'm fine." I lied trying to cover up my stomach.

"That is not fine. That is harassment. He could have killed you."

"But he didn't."

"Why didn't you come here afterwards or call me?"

"I took Harry home and cleaned him up. He looks way worse than me. There was three guys and he took all of them. Then he asked me to stay and since he was so weak and lonely I..."

"Did you sleep with him?"

"What? No! Why would you even ask that?"

"I'm just wandering. I mean I say I love you and then you text your first love and stay over at his house. Why wouldn't I ask that?"

"Zayn Harry was in pain. And so was I for that matter. We couldn't have done anything even if we wanted to. Not that I did."

"Oh believe me a guy can do that no matter what. Especially when it come to you."