Chapter Four

I walked into my class and sat down in my seat by Naomi. I just laid my head on the desk and ignored everyone all class period.

Once the bell rang I was already ready to go home. I didn't want to be here anymore. I had a horrible headache because of the pain my arm and hand was in. My next class I actually had with Jacob. I always sat with the softball girls in that class, but today I walked over to him.

"May I sit with you please?" I asked.

He looked up and smiled at me.

"Of course you can."

"Charlie? What are you doing?" One of the girls asked.

"Sitting with one of my best friends." I said.

I smiled at him and his smile spread all across his face.

"Why the change?" He asked.

"What you mean?"

"Why are you sitting with me?"

"We have a lot of time to make up for. I figured since I like you better anyway I would sit with you. That is if you are alright with it?"

"I'm perfect."

We talked all through class. He even walked me to lunch afterwards. We only have four classes a day because we have a block schedule. So our classes are all a hour and a half long. I sat with Naomi and Jacob until Zach came up.

He sat his stuff down beside me and sat down. He put his hand on my thigh and I tensed up.

"Hey babe." He said.

"Hey. Did you get in trouble this morning?" I asked.

"Nope. I got out of it. I told them I had a huge game Friday so I couldn't get in trouble. My team needs me."

Just like our school. If you are a nobody at this school you can not get away with anything, but if you are on the football team you can do whatever you want. I hate how this system works.

"So Charlie you never told me how you got hurt this time." Naomi said.

Both guys looked at me. I just shook my head.

"I umm... I got up in the middle of the night and tripped over the dog. I fell down the stairs."

"What? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I was fine I was just a little beat up is all. Nothing I couldn't handle. My arm sort of hurts though."

"You should have told me. I didn't know about your arm. You may need to go to the hospital."

"Naomi I'm fine. It will heal in time."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

After school we drove straight home. We were off of rehearsal and I didn't have softball practice.

We were up in our room talking when my mom started hollering for us. We walked downstairs to see her standing in the door way.

"Mom what's wrong?" I asked.

"You will see."

She lead us outside and what we saw we will never forget. On our front porch right outside our house was none other than One Direction themselves.

We both screamed and started jumping up and down.

"What? I mean... What is... How..." I said.

"You were the winners of our contest." Niall said.