Chapter Seventy-Four

Everyone was leaving so I knew it was getting close to time to speak with Harry. I was getting a little nervous the closer it came to time. Everyone hugged me goodbye before they left. Before I knew it it was just Harry and I. I shut the door behind the last person and turned to face him. He was leaning up against a counter in the kitchen with a huge smirk on his face.

"So...." He smiled and started walking towards me. "What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"I just ummm..." I suddenly forgot everything I wanted to say to him. He was getting closer and soon enough my back was pressed against the door. His left hand went to my hip and his right went to my cheek. I felt his hot breath on my face and my throat started to dry.

"I miss you Charlsie. So much...." He leaned down and started planting soft kisses to my neck. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. Then I remembered what I had to do.

"No no no." I said gently pushing him off of me. I squirmed out of his grip and stepped a safe distance away so I wasn't tempted or anything. "we can't. not like this."

"What are you talking about? You wanted me earlier today when we kissed in that game. You can't deny that."

"No I can't. You are right but we can't do this."

"Why not?"

"Because we.... I mean you..." I couldn't find the right words.

"Is this because of what I did? Charlsie how many times do I have to say I'm sorry? Just give me a number and I won't stop until I reach it please."

"It isn't about the cheating anymore Harry. I forgive you for that."

"Then what is it?" He asked stepping towards me again. I jumped back not in fear of being hurt but in fear of being tempted.

"You don't want to...." I trailed off.

"I don't want to what? Be with you? Because I can assure you that is wrong."

"Not technically." I whispered.

"What are you talking about?"

"Technically you don't want to be with me." I dropped my head.

"What? Are you insane? Did you not just hear me? I want to be with you in every way Charlsie. What do you want from me here?"

"Nevermind. You don't understand." I said turning to walk away.

"Then help me." He begged grabbing my elbow to stop me.

"You won't listen even if I tried."

"I will do anything for you Charlsie." He whispered.

"But not this." I answered. I gently pulled away from him and walked into the kitchen.

"Charlsie please talk to me." He said following me.

"I can't Harry. I just can't."

"Charlsie please." He begged again.

"I-I'm going to turn in early. You can let yourself out." I said passing him.

"Charlsie I love you. Just remember that." He said from behind me. I stopped in my tracks and closed my eyes. I heard the door close then and I took in a deep breath.

"Love you too Harry." I whispered to myself before making my way to bed.

The next morning was horrible. my alarm didn't go off and I only had ten minutes to get ready for work. Naomi should be here any second to keep the twins while I'm gone. I threw my uniform on and pulled my hair up in a messy bun. Then I applied mascara and a little eyeliner. I was brushing my teeth when there was a knock on the door. I spit and then ran to open the front door.