Chapter Fifty-Six

Everyone had finally left our house. I shut the door and turned back to look at Charlsie. She was throwing dishes in the sink. I made sure the door was locked before I walked over to her. She was washing the dishes when I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Mmmm." I hummed in her ear. "You still smell like flowers." She started giggling.

"Harry. I have to clean the dishes."

"The dishes can wait. I have needs." I whined in her ear.

"Or maybe it's you that can wait." She said a little bit more sternly. Her mood changed really fast just then.

"What's wrong love?" I asked worried.

She finally turned to look at me. "Nothing." She mumbled and shook her head.

"Charlsie what's wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing. I'm sure it was nothing." She dropped her and gently pushed away from me.

Shit. I thought. Does she know what I did? Did Zayn tell her? She started to walk away and I wrapped my fingers around her small fragile wrist. I turned her around and lifted her chin with my index finger.

"Charlie baby please talk to me. What's the matter?"

"It's just something Zayn said earlier. It's been bothering me all night." She whispered and my heart literally stopped.

"W-what he say?" I stuttered. Way to go Harry I thought. You are going to give it away and she is going to hate you.

"Not much to be honest. We were talking about how big and beautiful the house was and then... I said umm that you had thought of everything. Then he said u-umm it would seem like that wouldn't it? Or something like that. I don't know. I guess I am just being paranoid. I am just being paranoid right Harry? You didn't do something horrible when you left did you? I mean you do still love me right?" Her eyes started to glisten from the tears forming. I placed my hands on her face and leaned my face where we were millimetres apart.

"Of course I still love you baby. Why would you ask that?" That wasn't a lie. I am still incredibly and indescribably in love with her.

"I don't know. I'm sorry. I know I'm stupid." She said wiping her face free of tears. She sniffled and tried to turn away from me again.

"Hey. Hey. Look at me." I said holding her in place. I wiped a stray tear from her cheek. "You are far from stupid."

"Just tell me that I am wrong. Tell me that I am over thinking things and you didn't do anything stupid. I can trust you right? If you tell me right now that nothing happened when you left I will believe you. Don't lie to me. Just please tell me you didn't do anything." She cried. I gulped and took a deep breath.

"I swear to you...." I stopped for a split second before I kept going. "I didn't do anything. I'm in love with you sweetheart. I would never do anything to hurt you. You know that. Zayn is just jealous is all. You shouldn't listen to a word he says. I promise you I will never hurt you on purpose." I said. As soon as I was done I felt like shit. I couldn't tell her what happened. I mean I regret it. I promised myself never to speak of it again. I hate myself everyday of my miserable life now. I know she deserves to know but it is like that saying people always say. 'What she doesn't know, won't hurt her'. Right?