Chapter Five

He walked in and smiled at me.

"Good evening Mrs. Smith." He said.

"Good evening Zach. How are you?"

"Wonderful. Thank you so much for asking." He smiled.

"Why don't you two go upstairs and have some time alone? Just don't do anything I wouldn't do." She smiled.

"You got it Mrs. Smith."

I hated how he had everyone fooled. Both of my parents love him and think he is just absolutely wonderful to me. He grabbed my hand and started pulling me upstairs.

"Naomi would you like to come with us?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow and his grip got tighter. I refused to show any mercy especially in front of my own mother.

"No thank you I'm good." She said.

"See she wants us to have our privacy as well." He said.

"Naomi please." I pleaded.

"We will be fine. You don't have to come if you don't want to." He said.

Then before anyone could say anything else he drug me up to my room. Once we were upstairs I pushed away from him and walked over to a corner.

"Why did you call my mother and not me?" I asked.

"Because I knew you would say no."

"You're right I would have said no. I don't love you anymore Zach. I don't want to be with you anymore."

"Well then we have a problem now don't we?"

He started walking towards me. I backed up until I hit the wall.

"Zach don't get near me I will scream."

"No you won't."

"Try me."

He put his hands on either side of my head. Right as I opened my mouth he covered it with his right hand. I started screaming anyway. His hand smuggled out the sound though.

"Keep screaming Babe no one is going to hear you. Now I suggest you calm down and take a deep breath."

He let go of me and turned around. I picked up a drum stick and hit him across the head with it. He grabbed the side of his head then turned to me. He smiled and pounced towards me. He grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground. I was scrapping my nails against his arm, but he wasn't letting up. My head was getting woozy and I was loosing breath fast.

"Charle!" We heard Naomi say my name from the bottom of the stairs.

She started walking up the stairs so he dropped me. I fell to the floor and grabbed my throat. I took in a deep breath to get my air back.

"Stand up." He whispered.

He jerked me up by the arm and pulled me into him.

"Act normal. Stand up straight." He demanded.

"I can't. I'm still weak." I said.

"Charlie?" Naomi asked.

"Yes?" I started coughing.

"Your mom made cookies. She told me to come get you guys."

"Okay. We will be there in a second." I started coughing again.

"Charlie?"

"Yea?"

"Are you alright?"

"She is perfect. Aren't you babe?" Zach asked. I just smiled.