Chapter Thirty-One

"Hello?"

"Naomi. We need to talk. Like now."

"What's wrong? Where are you?"

"I'm at Ethan's house. I need to tell you something very important." I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"Because he can't hear what I have to tell you."

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything....technically."

"What does that mean?"

"Umm so yesterday I umm went over to Eli's place to apologies for bringing up his ex girlfriend."

"So? What is so bad about that?"

"He tried to kiss me."

"What?!"

"That isn't the worst part."

"What is?"

"After the play yesterday I gave all the guys a hug and when I asked if I could have a hug from him he said he was sorry and walked away. Then I went to find him, and took him into a janitor closet to figure out what was wrong with him."

"Then what happened?"

"He pressed me up against the door and....kissed me."

"What?! Does Ethan know about this?"

"No that's why I'm whispering. He can't find out. I don't want their friendship to be screwed up because of me."

"Charlie you need to tell him because if he finds out from someone else, or worse if Eli says something it will crush him even more."

"I know but I don't want Har... I mean Ethan to hate me as well."

"What did you say?"

"I said I don't want Ethan to...."

"No you didn't. You were about to say another name."

"No I wasn't I said Ethan."

"Charlsie I know you. And you were about to say Harry weren't you?"

"Harry? Why would I say Harry? I'm dating Ethan."

"Charlsie don't lie to me. Why were you about to say Harry? We haven't seen the boys since they came to our house for that contest we won. Have you talked to them since then?"

"Well I..."

"Do you have Harry's number and didn't tell me?" She freaked. "Could you get Niall's number for me? Are you close to Harry? What about the other boys? Do you talk to them daily?"

"Naomi I...."

"You do talk to them don't you? Oh my gosh why didn't you tell me you have all their numbers? Am I not your best friend anymore? Why would you keep something this big from me?"

"It isn't my secret to tell."

"What does that mean?"

"I think Austin needs to tell you himself."

"Austin? What does Austin have to do with this?"

"I can't tell you. He wanted me to tell you a long time ago because he is scared, but it isn't my place."

"Charlie..."

"Call Austin Naomi."

-NAOMI'S POINT OF VIEW-

I hung up the phone with Charlsie and dialed Austin's number.

"Hey babe." He answered.

"I need to ask you something." I said not even saying hello first.