Chapter Eight: Catching up with Zeke

We go to the dinning hall after Tobias is done getting dressed. We see everyone who was with us and then Zeke and Shauna.

We decided to go see what Zeke and Shauna are up to. I grab my food and sit down next to Tobias.

"Hey you two." Zeke said.

"How's it been?" Tobias asked.

"I little quiet around here. Doesn't even feel like Dauntless anymore." Zeke said.

"I don't think things are going to be the same." I said.

"With what happened to this city, it's going to take time for it to heal." Tobias said.

Zeke just nods his head and goes back to eating. It's kind of awkward talking and sitting with him. I mean, it's just not the same anymore. We don't have Uriah, Marlene or Lynn. And speaking of them would just be depressing.

Once I finished my food I decided to go back to Tobias's room. I really didn't feel like doing anything. I just want to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling.

"What are you doing in here?" Tobias asked.

"Starting at the ceiling." I said.

"And why?" He asked.

"Because I'm bored." I said.

"It is pretty boring here now. Zeke doesn't want to talk because of Uriah. And everyone else doesn't seem to fond of us." He said.

"Because we are they people who killed everyone." I said sarcastically.

"Pretty much." He said.

"Everyone thinks that we will kill them if they get near us or even talk to us." I said.

"Well, maybe we should jut give them a week and see what they do." he said.

"They'll probably still either ignore us or just think we are insane." I said.

"They won't think we are insane." he said.

"You never know." I said.

++++++

Note: Had to rewrite half the chapter.

Vote, Comment, Follow