Chapter nine: Ignoring everyone

The next day we start our plan. Me and Tobias get dressed and then head to the dinning hall. I get my food and sit at a different table than the gang. Tobias gets his food and then sits next to me. We see the gang meet up at our table. They seem more happier and loud now that we aren't at the table.

"See, they hate us." I said.

"Maybe they were tired yesterday." he said.

"Yeah, but still. Even yesterday at dinner when we got up and left they talked more. What the hell is going on?" I said.

"Maybe they are planning some kind of thing for us." he said.

"What are they going to plan? We don't know our birthdays, we don't have an anniversary coming up." I said.

"Maybe a 'yay, you didn't die party'." he said.

"That would be for Caleb, not us." I said.

"How about a 'yay, you sort of saved us party'." he said.

"We didn't save everyone." I said.

"but we saved our friends." he said.

"Yeah, but they aren't going to forget everyone else who died. Will, Al, Marlene, Lynn and Uriah." I said.

"Look, they can't ignore us forever." he said.

"If you say so." I said.

+++

Later that day I walked around the compound. I was pretty bored. I walked to the chasm. The chasm still was dangerous, not like that is going to change. Anyways, I stayed at the chasm for a long time. Trying to ignore people is hard. It's like trying to ignore your parents or something like that. I know I can't ignore all of them.

I heard foot steps but stay where I am. I don't really care who it is. I then feel some one sit down next to me. Okay, this is kind of creepy.

"what are you doing at the chasm?" I familiar voice asks.

"Being bored, what else." I said.

"Well, we could go back to room." Tobias said.

"And be bored there, okay." I said.

I got up and started for the room. Tobias tried to follow me, but I ran away from him every time. Once I got to the room, I hid in his closet. He won't find me in here.

"Tris, stop hiding. I know you are in here." He said.

I stayed quiet. He never found me. I then heard more foot steps. Shoot, he must think I'm missing. I feel bad now.

"Dude, did you check the closet?" Zeke asked sounding annoyed.

They opened the closet and looked around for me. I am hiding behind some clothes and boxes. Then then find me.

"Boo." I said.

"Ha ha, not funny." Tobias said clearly mad.

I just look down at my feet and leave the room. I guess he is mad for a joke.

★★★★★

Note: I'm sorry, but I just had to. But they will get better!!

 But they will get better!!

vote, comment, follow