Thirty-Eight: The Job

The next day I get up and see that Tobias already left for his job search. I get out of the bed and get dressed. I have nothing good to do so I go visit Amber. I haven't seen her in like a day. She'll love the company. I walk to the elevator and go down a floor. Once I'm on her floor, I go to her room. I then knock on the door.

"Oh, hi Tris." She said.

"Hi, I came by because I'm pretty bored. Four left to go find a job and I'm all alone up there. If you want me leave I'm fine with that." I said.

"Yeah, me and Adam where going to go somewhere today, sorry." She said.

I just shrug my shoulders and walk back up to my apartment. She probably just doesn't want to hang out. She's always doing something with Adam. They need to like get married and have a kid already. I wonder what else I can do. There is nothing. I just sit in the chair and stare at the wall. This is pleasnt.

***
Hours later, Tobias finally returns home. He sees me starting at the wall. I just sit there and stare at it. He comes over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi." I said.

"Have you been doing this the entire time I was gone?" He asked.

"Yeah. There was nothing else for me to do." I said.

"You could of gone out of a walk or read a book." He said.

"We don't have books." I said.

"Yes we do, they are right there." He said pointing to the book case on the wall.

I never noticed the book case there. I didn't think we had one. I wonder if Tobias had any luck at hoods job thing.

"Any luck at your job search?" I asked.

"Why in fact yes, I got the job." He said.

"Now tell me what the job is." I said.

"I'm working at a small store that has a lot of business. I get to stock stuff on the shelves and work the register." He said.

"That's awesome." I said.

*****
Note: haven't updated in a couple days, but I have plenty of reasons. My main reason is because I'm working on a story that is almost done and ready to be published. If you are interested in reading it, you got to read the first two books.

Anyways, theres my excuse.

Vote, comment, follow