fifty-five: Evelyn and baby bets

(The next day)

I hear a knock at the door and Tobias goes to answer it. I turn my head and see Evelyn. We haven't seen her in a while. I don't think we told her that I'm pregnant. Oops, well, she'll find out now.

"Hello Tris." She said taking a seat on the other couch.

Her eyes go a little wide when she looks down at my stomach. I then feel the baby start kicking again. Tobias comes and sits down next to me.

"So, I see that Tris is pregnant." Evelyn said.

"Yeah." Me and Tobias both said awkwardly.

"When were you going to tell me?" She asked.

"We were going to tell you a couple days after we found out, but then a bunch of stuff happened and we forgot to." Tobias said.

"Well, I'm happy for you two. Hope far along anyways?" She asks.

"Almost Six months." I said.

"Wow, has the baby kicked yet?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"So, how's life as the leader of the city?" Tobias asked changing the subject.

"It's fine but tough." She said.

"Well, the city seems to get better." He says.

"It is getting better. Everyday and soon we'll have a good city. Right now we just need to clean up the mess Jeanine left." She said.

***

After a few hours, Evelyn leaves. Now it's just me and Tobias. I'm sitting with my feet in his lap. He's pulling fuzzy stuff off my socks. I'm just laying back with my hand on my stomach.

"So, is the gender bet still on?" Tobias asks.

"Yep." I said.

"Okay, lets put money into it. Wait, first let's get out friends." He said getting up and setting my feet down on the couch.

He went over and called all them up. Once he was done, he came back over and put my feet back on his lap. Soon our friend arrived. They knocked on the door and Tobias told them to come in. They sat on the couch across from us.

"So, me and Tris are having a gender bet for the baby. You guys are going to put bets on the gender and the bet has to have a money amount." He said.

"I bet five credits it will be a girl." Chris said.

"I bet ten credits it's a boy." Zeke said.

"I bet ten credits it's a boy." Matthew said.

"I'm going with Matthew and Zeke's bet." Shauna said.

"I bet five credits it's a boy." I said.

"Ten credits it's a girl." Tobias said.

***************************
Note: time to bring in the money.

Vote, comment, follow