Forty-Eight: It's not the same

After an hour we go back to our apartment. At our apartment I just sit on the couch and stare at the wall. It's pretty much all I do these days. Not the same here after the war. We lost beloved friends in the war. It's really not the same without Uriah here. Uriah brought laughter to all of us. It was really hard on us to lose him. It was mostly hard on Zeke because Uriah was his brother. It's painful losing a family member. Losing my parents was painful. Watching him die right in front of me it was really painful.

Tobias walks into the room and sits down across from me. He's probably wondering why I'm staring at the wall. I stare at them all the time now he wants to probably ask me why I stare at it. I stare at it because I have nothing better to do. Like I said it it's not the same here anymore.

"Why are you just sitting there?" He asked.

"Because I have nothing better to do." I said.

"Well, we could talk." He said.

"About what?" I asked.

"What's going on in your mind?" He asked.

"I was just thinking of how it's not the same anymore. The war made us lose the friends that were important. With out them it's not the same. We don't have Uriah being funny, Will stating facts. Lynn just being grumpy and Marlene laughing at Uriah's jokes." I said.

"I know, but they are with each other in a better place." He said.

I just feel the tears start. It's not really because I'm sad, it's just the hormones. Tobias comes and sits next to me. He then puts his arms around me. I sit there crying.

*****************
Note: sad chapter, but there will be more

Okay, so I was listening to this song and it reminded me of the time when me and guy friend sang this years ago

Okay, so I was listening to this song and it reminded me of the time when me and guy friend sang this years ago. I didn't know what the song was called, so he made his own version of it. I didn't learn the name of this song until two years ago. So like two years after I hear it, I learn The name of it.

Vote, comment, follow