Chapter Thirty-Four: Are our friends looking for us?

When night time comes around, I get dressed into my night time clothes and hop into the bed. Tobias woke up about two hours ago, but I know that he'll fall right back to sleep. He usually does that.

"I wonder if everyone is looking for us." I said.

"I wonder that to." He said.

"I mean, we have been gone for about two months." I said.

"They either don't know we are gone, or they went a different way." He said.

"Why would they not notice we are gone?" I asked.

"Because, everyone is pretty slow these days. Every since the war, nothing has been the same." He said.

"I just feel kind of bad for leaving everyone behind. But the bureau was after us, so we needed another place to go." I said.

"They'll find us eventually. One day they will come to this city and they will look around for us." He said.

"Some day." I said.

*****
In the morning I wake up. I tried to get up but Tobias's arm is kind of preventing me from doing that. He always has his arm around me when I sleep.

"Morning." I say to him.

"It's morning already?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.

"Sometimes it feels like I only slept for five minutes." He said.

"You always say that." I said.

"Because it's true." He said.

"Just wait until the baby comes. None of us will get sleep. We'll be awake every hour if the night." I said.

"That's painful to think of." He said.

"Yeah, so enjoy your sleep while it lasts. Now with Me, I won't be able to go be when the baby starts kicking. Which that is coming close for me." I said.

"And don't worry, I'll be there for you." He said.

"You better be." I said.

"I will, and if I don't want to help you, you have permission to beat me over the head with one of Amber's frying pans." He said.

"I'll take joy in that if it ever needs to happen." I said.

"Now I'm really scared." He said.

**************
Note:
Vote, comment, follow