Chapter Twenty-Three: The net

For the rest of the day we just hang out at our apartment. I'm trying to talk to Tobias, but he's off in space or something.

"Are you alive?" I asked him while waving my hand in his face.

"What?" He asked.

"Yep, your in space. I tried talk to you, but you weren't responding." I said.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." he said.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of what it would be like if this war never happened, and if you were still an initiate and..." he started to say

"Then we wouldn't be were we are right now." I said.

"Exactly." he said.

"there isn't all cons to this war, pros are we are still together and that we are happy together and that no one will separate us." I said.

"I guess that's a good way to look at it." he said.

"It is, now let's stop thinking about bad stuff and let's focus on what's happening right now." I said.

We then sat there in total silence it was kind of awkward. I got up and decided to go for a walk. Since they know who the person who tried kidnapping me was, I guess I'm safe, maybe. I might not be safe too, it just depends on what happens.

I hope that they have all of the crazy Bureau people out of here. I don't want anyone else to try to kidnap me. It's not fun at all. It's the opposite of fun.

I walk around for a while, I then end up at the net. The net brings the memory of where I first met Tobias, and when he pulled me out of the net. I remember when the only name he had was Four, but then he took me through his fear landscape. That was where I learned his real name.

I climbed into the net and laid there looking up at the sky which looked cloudy. I haven't seen the sky in a while. Being Dauntless, you don't get to see the sun or soak in it. You just stay under ground and get pale. Getting pale is not really fun, well I was already pale to begin with so it doesn't really matter.

but sometimes I just really miss being outside.

++++++++++++++++++++

Note: Yay, another chapter.

Vote, Comment, Follow