V. Boyfriend Material

~ Ariana ~

I sighed as I listened to Mrs. Olive idle on about the components of dramatic charisma, but my mind was focused on more important things like what I was going to be eating for dinner. It seemed like she could go on forever, and as I yawned I wondered if anyone else was as bored as I was.

Louis, I could tell was probably contemplating ways on how to escape the boring lesson. I actually expected him to leave much earlier but he had decided to stick around for a few more minutes.

I didn’t really talk to him much, but from what I was aware of he was the class clown and was often the loudest one of us all. I wasn’t sat anywhere near him; I believe he sits at the back of the class, much like Harry in our Sociology class.

His snide remarks however were always heard even from his distance, and I can only imagine the Mrs. Olive’s blatant red face of anger from her fuming breaths. I’m surprised he hasn’t spoken up yet, but perhaps he had already fallen asleep.

Ring ring ring

Oh thank the Lord! I sighed in relief to myself as I tucked my books and pencils back into my bag. “There will be no homework assigned for tonight except for the few pages of reading in your textbook.” Mrs. Olive spoke up as the entirety of the class groaned, causing her to chuckle. “Oh cheer up; it’ll take you less than an hour to complete.”

“And that’s less than an hour of my life wasted.” There it is. Louis’ opinion seemed to irk Mrs. Olive who grunted. “See you tomorrow Mr. Tomlinson.”

“Don’t miss me too much Mrs. Olive.” Louis remarked, causing me to giggle lowly. Although Louis was very childish and devoted to sending Mrs. Olive into a mental hospital, I had to admit his remarks were one of the few highlights of my day.

As I tucked in my chair to leave, I felt the presence of another person just behind me. “Oh sorry!” I blurted as I turned around. “It seems like you’re always bumping into me huh.” Harry’s unmistakeable chuckle had my cheeks turning crimson as his hands rested themselves on my waist to hold me steady.

“Yeah sorry about that by the way.” I said as he chuckled again. “No worries love.” What’s up with the love? Is that a Brit thing?

“So are you ready to go?” He asked as I nodded. “Yeah.” I told him.

“Alright follow me.” He said as I shook my head. “Harry you’ll have to help me. I don’t know where to go.” I told him as the sounds of shoes scuttling across the floor filled my ears. “Oh right sorry. Here.” He took me by the hand and began to pull me along.

As we entered the hallways, I could already hear and feel the whispered voices and harsh glares.

“What’s he doing with that freak?”

“Harry’s new girl, how pathetic is she.”

“I feel sorry for her- he’s an ass.”