VII. Subliminal Lusts

~ Ariana ~

It'd been ten minutes since the bell for the end of last period had rung and still Harry had yet to show up. This morning he'd told me to wait for him to arrive as he had something important to tell me.

I assumed he was planning to tell me when Marcel and I first arrived in the morning, but didn't get a chance to once the class had started. But once class ended he didn't approach me about it, in fact it was only at the canteen during lunch did he even speak a word to me which was to only tell me to wait for him after school. 

He was a peculiar one, Harry. 

"I don't think he's going to show up." Marcel sighed as I shrugged. "Maybe he's just running late."

"Or he's planning something horrible. I don't like leaving you alone with him Ariana, he's dangerous." Marcel grimaced as he tugged on the sleeve of my coat. "Let's just go."

"You go ahead, I'm going to wait a little longer." I told him as he groaned. "But Ariana!" I mocked him. "But Marcel!"

"Relax Marcel I'm a grown woman, I can take care of myself." I reassured him. "I still don't agree with this." He objected as I sighed. "How about this. Go to my room if you're so worried, pick out a film and as soon as I get back we can have a cup of tea while you explain to me what's going on." 

I dug through my pockets and pulled out my keys. I held them out to Marcel who hummed in thought before taking them. "Oh fine." He sighed in defeat as I smiled. 

"I'll see you later then." I grinned as I wrapped my arms around his slim build, feeling his own arms wrap around me seconds later as we hugged goodbye. As I let go of him, I could distinctly hear a low cough come from behind me. 

"Ariana." The roughness in his voice made me shiver. "Hey Harry." I smiled uneasily as I stepped towards him. "Marcel was just leaving." I told him as Harry grunted. "I see." He nodded towards me. "Later." He muttered as Marcel quickly left. 

I didn't understand Marcel sometimes. I didn't understand how he could let his own brother bully him around. I didn't understand why he doesn't just stand up to him; why he doesn't tell Harry what he tells me. 

I just didn't understand why. 

It was no secret that Marcel had developed a sense of fear in Harry, I can tell every time Harry's in the room; he tenses and suddenly finds it hard to speak.

"So what is it you wanted to tell me?” I asked him, sighing as he shifted from one foot to the other. “I was going to ask you if you have plans this weekend.” He said as I sighed once again. “I do, I’m going to visit your home town with Marcel.” I told him as he chuckled.

“Coincidently that’s what I was leading to. I’m visiting as well.” He explained as I nodded. “Maybe we can hang out and I can show you around.” He said as I shrugged. “Maybe. Marcel already offered to show me around.” I told him and from the grunt he surpassed I knew he wasn’t too pleased.

“At least let me take you to the bakery I used to work at.” He pleaded and I cocked my head in amusement. “you used to work in a bakery?” I was astonished to say the least. “Yeah back when I was in high school.” He said as I nodded. “Cool. I’ll consider it then.” I said as he sighed in relief.  “Great.”