LXV. A Silver Lining

A/N: Before you read this chapter just know I think you're pretty fucking cute and awesome for always voting. nudge nudge wink wink ~ Ooh and check out the new book cover (I feel it accurately represents their relationship now haha) enjoy :) x

-

~ Harry ~

               I kept to myself for most of the weekend, unable to face Ariana as I had come to terms with what I had done- or at least, what I was about to do.

               As inescapable as death may seem, I much rather be on the verge of dying than be the situation I was in right now.

               It was hard, but I managed to stir up another lie for Ariana that I was going to be busy this weekend since my birthday is the upcoming Monday and the boys wanted to celebrate a little earlier. Mind you, she was more than okay with it.

               She insisted I go, as she and Alaska planned to have a girl's weekend anyways so maybe the lie wasn't completely necessary. Nevertheless, what's done has been done.

               I blame myself for her seemingly bright attitude, after taking her to her very first The 1975 concert. I've always wanted to bring her to one of their shows, but was minorly skeptical at the time since I wasn't too sure she liked them- that is until Christmas eve when she gave me my own private show of every The 1975 song that dumb band covered.

               As soon as I heard they were playing in London, specifically on the night of the Winter Formal, I knew I had to get us tickets. And I was glad I did, because for just a few hours I managed to forget what I had done that night.

-:-:-:-

               "I need to speak to you." I told Cara, once I had gotten a hold of her. Well I more or so pulled her away from a rather handsy man, but she didn't seem to mind and only delivered a small shrug before following after me.

               As we exited the gym, we received a few hoots and cat calls making me roll my eyes and smirk; for the image of course. I wouldn't dream of doing anything with Cara except talk.

               I continued to lead her farther and farther away from the doors, until I could barely even hear or see the dance that was happening just a few metres down.

               "Where are you taking me?" Cara asked excitedly. I quickly shot her hopes down. "I told you I need to speak to you, I'm being serious."

               "You're no fun." She muttered.

               "I was never fun." I rolled my eyes.

               I really wasn't. Although the sex was good with her, we barely explored our boundaries and usually kept to the three positions: missionary, doggie, and cowgirl. I just didn't like putting any effort into orgasms with her.

               After I decided we were far enough from the scene, I stopped. I eyed Cara carefully, structuring the sentences in my mind before speaking.

               "I need your help with something. Can I trust you?" I asked her in a hushed voice, not really knowing if there was anyone around but just for precautions.

               She looked at me oddly, but judging by the jut of her lip and her beady eyes she was too curious to deny the small part of her heart that obviously still liked me. "Yes, I suppose you can."