XXXVIII. It's a Metaphor

A/N: Hey, your votes lead to greater things so please vote :)

~ Ariana ~

"This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it'll suffice." I moaned as Harry paid extra attention to the spot just below my ear. His lips were wet and provided warmth in contrast to the cold December air. 

We had make it back to campus but didn't manage to pass through our usual secret entry yet as Harry pulled to a stop behind the school instead and ushered me into the back seat. He chuckled against my skin and pulled me closer to him so I was sitting in his lap. 

"What did you think was going to happen?" He asked, his voice dark and rough as he kissed my shoulder. "I don't know." I sighed. 

"We can do something else, if you want." He said. "No, I like this." I told him as I turned to kiss him again. 

My position limited my power in the kiss and so Harry was in control most of the time. My legs were extended over the seats which were held in place by Harry's hand resting on my thigh. 

My arms were around Harry's neck while his other hand rested at the small of my back to hold me steady while he kissed me. Something about having this heated moment together without the solitude of my room or his made my stomach stir. 

I felt like I was doing something illegal rather than just kissing my boyfriend. 

This isn't me. I'm not seductive nor do I try to be. I'm not sexy, I'm not sassy, I'm not a tease; I've never been any of these things, but something about Harry makes me want to act this way. 

Was this a good thing, perhaps not. I didn't give much care to anything when I'm with Harry. To me nothing else is really deserving of my attention.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Huh what?"

"You stopped kissing back." he chuckled as I blushed. "Oh um sorry."

"It's alright. Is something on your mind?"

"No.. well not really. It's nothing to worry about." I reassured him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"We better go back to campus now. I still have to say good bye to Marcel." Harry said as I sighed. I'd completely forgotten that Marcel was leaving tomorrow for Australia. He was going to spend the rest of the year there doing a special program.

I honestly felt so proud of him. I knew how much this program meant to him and just by how shattered he was telling me the story, I knew him finding out he was accepted this time was probably the best thing that ever happened to him. Not me; as much as I'd like to think that.

As we walked through campus to get to Harry's dorm, I began to think. Would I still be with Marcel if he wasn't offered this program? Would I have had to live and love a liar for how many ever so months, years?

It was scary, knowing I could have been sat first class on the train to ultimate heart break.

I assumed we entered the building, and as Harry pulled me along side him he began to speak. "You know, he's waiting for this all his life. He literally shat himself last night telling me how excited he was to leave."

"He really wants to do this huh. Move, start a new life, live his dream." I smiled slightly as Harry chuckled. "Yeah I guess. He has his life all sorted out and I still have difficulty figuring out whether I want to kiss you right now or not."

I blushed at his words and smiled. "He's lucky, Marcel."

"And so am I." he said as we came to a stop. "And why is that?" I raised my eyebrow at him.