XXXV. The Truth Beyond the Lie

A/N: Vote please :) Beware of any spelling errors.

~ Harry ~

"Alright, calm down Styles." Jace momentarily stammered as he struggled to remove my hands from his collar. I refused to budge, knowing he was only trying to avoid humiliation.

The fear drowning in his eyes sparked a familiar feeling within me. One that had been dwindling since I first met Ariana. I felt empowered for the first time in a wile, and I smiled at the feeling.

"It was all just a misunderstanding." He added as I slowly released him from my hold. He stumbled back and quickly stood up, dusting off his hands on his pants as he uneasily laughed. "No need to kick anybody out."

I chuckled to myself and crossed my arms. "You doubt me far too much Matthews." I said as he shrugged. "Hey I got sources and they're all telling me the same thing."

"Your sources are wrong. How about you confront me first before you start believing rumours." I said as he nodded quickly. "Yes sir."

I looked away from Jace and noticed his buddies still lingering behind him. "How about you and the pip squeaks scurry off. Me and the boys have some things to discuss."

"Right away Styles." He nodded as he began to leave. I watched as he turned and walked towars his friends, before stopping to turn his head to me. "The bet is still on."

"Of course." I nodded.

Jace gave me one last look before returning to his friends. I sighed in relief and turned to the boys who were standing not too far off.

"That was close." I muttered to myself as I ran my hand through my hair, something I tended to do when I was nervous; boy was I nervous as hell.

Louis gave me a look. "What was that?"

"Never mind." I shook my head. "That turned out better than I expected." Niall commented as he rested his hand on my shoulder.

"What did you expect?" I asked Niall with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know, blood, guts, glory?" He chuckled. "Face it mate you were great out there, reminding everybody who the leader is and whatnot. You nearly made me shit myself."

"Yeah you finally put Jace in his place." Liam added as I shrugged.

"And to think we almost thought you had fallen for that freak." Zayn laughed. "Yeah you're a great actor. You should have taken drama; easy A for sure." Louis added as I laughed sourly. "Yeah, yeah you're right yeah."

"Everyone at Prescott knows a man like Harry Styles would never date an animal like Ariana Grande." Niall slapped hi hand across my stomach causing me to cough.

To be honest I didn't like lying to the boys; I mean, they're my boys. But I knew the teasing would torment me for the rest of my university career and to be honest I was not ready to forfeit yet.

"You know, you should show Jace and the pip squeaks that you're telling the truth." Zayn suggested.

"Yeah mate, prove the frat you're still one of us; this could be great for our rep." Liam grinned as he punched the inside of his left palm with his right fist.

"Erm." I was cornered. "Unless you actually do have feelings for that bitch." Liam said. "Then you might as well kiss your social life and us goodbye."

"Yeah mate no offense but I'd rather be one of the pip squeaks than be friends with a guy who would rather be lip locked with some freak than serve a fist sandwich to Marcel." Niall laughed as the others joined in.