Epilogue

~ Harry ~

"I'm in love with you," he said quietly.

"Augustus," I said.

"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

"Turn that shit off." I muttered, glancing over my textbook as my nose crinkled in disgust. "It's nothing but lies, anyways." I added as I returned my attention to the words on the page I was reading.

She refused to listen to me as she continued to watch the horrible film. I glanced up at her again and noticed a smirk splayed on her face as she turned up the volume.

"You're a bitch." I muttered, shaking my head with a frown.

"And you're a dick." She shot back as she crawled off her spot on the sofa opposite of me and sauntered towards the loveseat I was lying on. She pulled my textbook away from me and tossed it aside before pulling me up. "Which makes me question why I'm even with you."

I rolled my eyes at her words as I failed to meet her gaze. "Yeah, I suppose."

"It's been nearly a year Harry," She trailed off, pain lacing her words as she said so.

"Eight and a half months actually." I mumbled, correcting her mistake.

"When are you going to forget about her?" She asked quietly and for a second I met eyes and frowned at the cloudiness surrounding them.

"I don't know." I honestly replied. I didn't know what else to give her. False hope isn't exactly something I depended upon anymore and neither should she.

I knew she wanted me to tell her that I'd forgotten all about Ariana, but pain demands to be felt and sometimes once pain gets the attention it wants it never stops asking for more.

"Let me help you forget." She whispered as her lips pressed gently kisses along my collar bone. Her fingers played with the material of my shirt as she pulled me closer to her.

My flat seemed to shrink in size as I couldn't meet her wanting eyes. They remained on the window across the room, and I grew ill at the thought of looking down and giving in to her.

My inhibitions were screaming, pleading my heart to not let go of the girl I truly wanted and I was letting them scream as I rested my hands on her small waist. "Okay." I whispered as her lips finally met my own.

~ Ariana ~

I grinned at the given news and couldn't help but scream inwardly while I squeezed my mum's hand. She let out a slight laugh at my outburst, followed with the Doctor's who paused to allow me to settle down.

"Treatment will continue exponentially for another four months. It isn't definite but Ariana's results have exceeded all of our expectations. Her sight will return within the numbered days." The main doctor, Doctor Stevens chuckled as I did a happy dance in my seat. "We haven't seen a more successful patient." He added.

"Our flight leaves tonight." Mum chuckled. "She's very excited."

"Yes I can imagine. Is this your first time visiting Australia?" Doctor Stevens asked as I nodded. "Yes, it is."

"You'll enjoy your stay, I'm sure. The hospital there provides an excellent view of Sydney Harbour. The grandeur of it all is that soon you'll be able to experience the beauty yourself." Doctor Stevens mused as I grinned. "I can't wait."