LXVIII. Pain is Just a Consequence of Love

A/N: First of all I want to say thank you for 200K reads! Even if it isn't much compared to other stories, I'm still so unbelievably amazed by the amount of love and support 'Blind.' receives on every chapter. Couldn't have done it without y'all. I love you so much, thank you! Oh andcheck out the new trailer I made for Blind, on the side :) xxx

-

~ Harry ~

               "A word of advice from someone who's been in your position before, prepare her before you introduce her to them and by 'prepare' I mean warn her about the backlash she's going to get. It's tough love, but she's about to be put on display to be judged and mocked." Louis spoke up as I shook my head.

               "Why the hell did I come up with the stupid black petals punishment again?" I asked.

               "To get back at Zayn for dating Perrie behind our backs. That punishment is half the reason she hated your ass; the other being your reputation." He chuckled.

               I was stupid and young, and I remember believing she was just holding Zayn back from his full potential as a member of The Pack. He was our supplier; deals are often made left and right and he's what you would call the fuel needed to power up our well oiled car.

               I felt that with her in the picture, she would essentially cause some kind of epiphany inside Zayn and he'd call it quits. I couldn't have that, and I knew Zayn was too attached at the time to do anything himself so I came up with the black petals punishment.

               It was a punishment in disguise, lead to make the couple believe that the invitation holds good intentions when in reality, the couple are invited to be judged and mocked by the other frat brothers.

               I thought it was brilliant; I could scare off Perrie with it, and any other girl who thinks any of these boys were capable or even interested in a serious relationship.

               Being hit with my own creation, probably stung a little more than I hoped.

               With that being the case I knew I had to warn Ariana like Louis insisted. However, a petty punishment isn't going to stop me from being brandish about Ariana and I. I love the girl, and I don't care who knows it.

               "You know my intentions with that punishment were true." I sighed.

               "I know, but it bit you in the ass in the end." He chuckled. "If it's any consolation, I think they'll go easy on her since she's your girlfriend, plus she's friends with Alaska and they've been afraid of her since she tossed Jace into the hall and beat him to a pulp."

               "This isn't fair, why didn't you get a package?" I muttered. "They know you're with Alaska."

               "I probably will within the week but right now you and Ariana are their number one priority. Zayn didn't get one yet either, though I believe he might be getting one soon." Louis said.

               I sighed as I glanced at the time on my phone. "We should get going, s'almost midnight." I said, looking up at Louis who nodded.

               As we walked down the hall to Ariana's room, I couldn't help but continue to profess my worries to Louis. The worst they could do to her is tell her the preface of our relationship was from a bet, but for their own good I knew they wouldn't dare to come in between personal business.