X. Last First Kiss

~ Ariana ~ 

I brought my fingers up to his cheek and stroked the bruise softly. "Is it bad?" Marcel asked in a slight whisper as he winced. "Not really; bit noticeable though." I told him truthfully as he sighed. 

"That's the last time I ever help my mum put away the gardening tools." He closed his eyes as I chortled. "How do you hurt yourself putting away gardening tools?"

"I was putting away the lawn mower and I ended up hitting the tall shelf by the corner and some things fell and tried to kill me." He explained seriously as I stifled my laughter. "I'm sorry but that's hilarious."

"I'm glad you find entertainment in my pain." He smiled sarcastically as I smirked. "Of course I do."

"I am hurt. I truly am." He rested his hand on his chest as I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Are you sure you're alright though?" I asked him as he shrugged. "It'll heal. Although, it would heal much faster if someone gave it a kiss." He eyed me cheekily as I pursed my lips. 

I took his chin gently and turned his face so his injured cheek faced me. I gave it a light kiss, making it burn bright as Marcel chuckled. "I didn't expect you to actually kiss my cheek." He said as I giggled.

"You two are adorable." Anne walked by us as Marcel groaned. "Mum!"

"Thank you Anne." I thanked her as I poked Marcel's side. "Ariana!" Marcel flinched backwards, making me laugh. 

"If you two need anything just let me know, I'll be out back reading." Anne explained as she left. "Thanks mum." Marcel muttered as I hit his chest lightly. "Play nice."

"She's so embarrassing sometimes." Marcel sighed as I shrugged. "Well that's what mums are for."

"Touché." Marcel chuckled as I smiled and leant into his side. I felt Marcel bring his arm up and wrap itself around me, bringing me closer to him in the process. 

"Thank you for today by the way. I probably thanked you already but thank you again." I told him as he hummed. "No problem, I had a lot of fun."

"Me too." I smiled. "Even with Harry?" He questioned curiously as I shrugged. “I don’t know he was alright I suppose. He’s a great baker by the way.”  I commented as Marcel made a noise off agreement. “Yeah he is isn’t he?”

“Do you bake?” I asked him as he sighed. “I wish, I’m one of those unlucky blokes who can’t touch a stove without setting something on fire.” He chuckled as I giggled and rested my head against his chest. “Ah it’s alright Marcel; you’ve got other wonderful qualities to be proud of.” I patted his stomach playfully, making him chuckle again.

“How about you, do you bake?” he asked he brought his arm around me. “I dabble; I do it occasionally, like when I’m bored and have nothing to do. My mum or my brother usually helps me because of- you know. But like I can’t really bake cupcakes or anything like that. I’m more of a brownies person or Lemon Meringue pie. I’m apparently really good at making lemon meringue pie.”