XLI. One and Only

A/N: Vote please :) Watch the trailer on the side.

~ Harry ~

I wasn't too fond of staying in my dorm for the next few days, mostly because I'd be left alone for the next few days due to everyone being home for the holidays. I wasn't due to stay with mum and Gemma until later on in the week so I needed a place to crash until then,

I would have gone with one of the boys, probably Louis since he always has a room ready for me at his house but that was before I got a girlfriend; a gorgeous one at that.

I opted to stay at mine and louis' flat near the city. It was still under both our names, even if we were planning to rent out the third bedroom we had to make extra cash.

It wasn't particularly extravagant, but it was home. Or party central as Louis liked to call it.

I wasn't too sure about Ariana's plans for the holidays, but I figured she'd be staying with her family for Christmas. I decided to call her to make sure, since I was planning to do something special for her this Christmas.

It's my first Christmas having to be responsible for the happiness of another individual in a while so I didn't want to fuck anything up.

I grabbed my phone off my dresser and dialed her number. "Hey Harry." she greeted as I grinned. "Hello kitten, I was wondering what your plans are for the holidays."

"Straight to the point I see. I'm probably going to spend Christmas with my family, and hang out there for a while. I'm actually packing right now." she said.

"Oh okay, just wondering." I said. "I'm about to step out of my dorm in a bit and come over if you want any help."

"That'd be lovely, thank you." I could hear her practically smile. "I didn't realize I owned so many clothing, I have no idea how I'm going to fit my delicates in my suitcase." she giggled, not realizing she'd just given me heart papilations.

"I'm on my way. See you love." I hung up and tossed my phone into my coat before grabbing my duffle bag which held whatever clothing I had to spare from weeks of stains.

Since Marcel was gone, I had no one to do my laundry for me which sucks. Well that's what moms are for.

I left the dorm and began to make my way across campus to Ariana's dorm. It was interesting to see the campus so barren in broad daylight, and in a sense it was very peaceful. In fact, it's been peaceful overall in Prescott ever since the frat met up a few days ago.

Jace was still watching me like a hawk as per usual but he limited his interaction with me at all times. He'd finally gotten it through that thick skull of his that even if he was the one to wager the bet against me, I was still the King.

He still had less than a year, me included. He wasn't too powerful yet.

I considered many times kicking him out, but I knew it'd be hard to get the vootes I needed from the rest of the lads to get him off. I knew in my mind besides him being an evil bastard he was also pretty clever, manipulating the loyalty of those who were reckless enough to fall for his words.

He had a grip on everyone's head except for mine and my boys.

But for the most part he and his butt-chins, a favorable nickname for his followers courtesy of Niall, have left Ariana alone which in my case is the only thing I care about. As long as Ariana is safe I won't have any of his dirty blood on my hands.

But I needed to remember that I was no better than him or his butt-chins. I too was doing something , probably far worse than calling Ariana a few derogatory names and pushing her around.