XXX. Lies Require Commitment

A/N: vote :) read :) comment :) enjoy :) important messge at the end :) 

~ Harry ~

What the hell is he doing? I peered over my open book and watched as Marcel made the effort to speak to Ariana. Usually it was a failed effort, but seeing as how Ariana had accidentally man handled his hair a few seconds ago, their conversation must have been forced.

Ariana didn't look the slightest interested in what Marcel was saying. I wished I could hear what they were talking about. Maybe I should read a book on how to read lips. I spend an awful lot of time staring at Ariana's; it'd help either way.

Judging by her facial expression, Ariana looked like she was getting rather annoyed. Marcel looked desperate; nothing new there.

He's just placed his hand over hers. Why isn't she moving? She looked almost frozen in time and it looked like Marcel was telling her something serious by the way he leaned closer to her. He better not try anything.

Marcel obviously still likes her you dip shit. He told me he never did. He could have lied. Clearly he lied. He cares about her. I care about her more. He cared about her first.

It felt like my conscience was trying to piss me off, and it was working. His hand was still hoding hers, and I could see she made no effort to remove her hand from his grasp.

I was contemplating actually getting up to go stop them both, but I figured it would only land me another lunch detention or worse, after school detention. But luckily, I was about to have my prayers answered.

"What the hell are you doing in my seat?" All eyes were directed towards the front of the class where Cara was stood by Marcel and Ariana. She had a cold glare set on Ariana while Marcel nearly jumped and turned around to face Cara who looked not the slightest amused.

"S-She-" "Ms. Grande will be sitting next to Marcel for the remainder of the semester. You will be seated with Mr. styles." Mr. Johnson calmly spoke to Cara who diverted her glare from Ariana, to Mr. Johnson, then to me.

If anything her stare hardened as she walked away from the three without another word. I sent her a coy smile as she scoffed and sat down beside me.

I knew she hated the idea of having to sit next to me, and to be honest the feelings were requited. The ignorance was easy, but having to ask her for an eraser because my usual eraser buddy had relocated to the front of the class destroyed both my dignity and self respect.

I spent over half of the period just mindlessly watching Ariana. Not in a creepy stalker way, but in a more concerned boyfriend kind of way. I had to keep in mind that no one knew Ariana and I were official yet except for Mr. Johnson who has to constantly interrupt our before class and after class sessions.

"If you keep staring at her like that you'll go blind." Cara said as she reached for her eraser I had hoarded from her desk. "I'm not staring at her." I protest. "Really, because you've been looking in her direction for the past forty minutes." she smirked.

"I wasn't staring at her. I was staring at-" You were staring at Ariana. Don't even deny it. "I was staring at the wall." I say as Cara rolled her eyes "Four walls to choose from Styles and you pick the one nearest to her. I see."

"Shut up and mind your own fucking business." I muttered as she chuckled. "Touchy."

I refused to speak to her after that. I can't believe I wasted a year with this one. You did it because of Jace remember? You wanted to be as cool as him. Now you're dating Ariana to win one of his bets. Ironic, isn't it?