LIX. Allegiances Unmasked

A/N: Continue voting and commenting my loves, it's always a pleasure to see so many happy readers... ;) x

-

~ Harry ~

               After Ariana and her friend left, I continued with my earlier rampage. I knew that by now Louis had zoned me out, but I just needed to vent. It wasn't fair.

               "Is this punishment for agreeing to do this bet?" I asked Louis is despair as he laughed. "Probably. Then again if you didn't agree to do it then you wouldn't have gotten to know Ariana and you wouldn't be together right now."

               "This is all fucked up." I shook my head.

               "As long as he doesn't tell her about the bet then you're both fine. You both agreed he isn't allowed to breathe a word about anything to her until the end of the year, if you lose entirely. I mean, as far as he knows your love for her is insincere and he's about to find out that she really does love you. That means you've won the first part of the bet. The only downside is now-"

               "I have to break her heart at the end of the year, I know." I frowned.

               Louis glanced at me from his books, tucking his pen in between his notebook before he folded his hands. "You have less than six months left." he pointed out.

               "I know." I sighed.

               "You're halfway there." he added.

               "I know." I frowned.

               "I'm sorry." he said as I shook my head. "Don't be. I brought this upon myself. And as stupid as it might seem I don't regret anything I've done because like you said, I wouldn't have gotten to know her. I wouldn't know what love feels like. It's just unfortunate that I had to find out this way."

               "Well enough whining about it when it can't be undone, let's try to focus on more important things." he said.

               "What could be more important than my love life?" I asked him with mock hurt in my tone.

               "I don't know, our future." he mused.

               "Whatever man, say you know our new roommate, Alaska?" I wriggled my eyebrows at Louis as I sent him a smirk. He caught on quite quickly and shook his head.

               "No."

               "But Lou-" I jutted.

               "No."

               "She's a great gir-" I tried to continue but Louis was very persistent.

               "No."

               "Give her a chance bro, maybe she'll be future Mrs. Tomlin-"

               "No."

               "Oh come on!" I whined.

               "I'm not looking for a relationship right now. She seems nice but I just don't want another broken heart in my hands, especially with us graduating soon." he sighed.

               "At least try to open up to her. She is going to be our new roommate for God knows how long." I told him.

               "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Louis dismissed me as he returned to studying.