lll. She's Out of My League

~ Marcel ~

I was never the best at making good first impressions. I had the tendency of stuttering and murmuring quite a lot, to the point where I would often be misunderstood and be forced to repeat things. The teasing was never pleasant, but I’ve grown used to their venomous words.

Living under Harry’s shadow had its perks, however. Not many people paid attention to me, often passing by me without so much as a distasteful look with an easy grunt. Only when harry was around did everyone suddenly become attentive.

His superlative attitude had many others accompanying him, their taunting words just as if anything even worse than what Harry could ever come up with. I don’t understand him sometimes; you’d expect with us being twins, we’d look the same, maybe even act the same, but it’s the complete opposite.

Unlike me Harry was “blessed” so to speak with the looks, the confidence, the women and the charm. Me? I on the other hand was blessed with poorly gelled hair, acne infected skin, the confidence of a rock, a significant scent that repelled women of all kind, and the personality of a turtle. So yes, I guess you could assume harry and I weren’t exactly alike.

We shared the same last name, have the same features- but that’s pretty much it.

''Sorry for the mess, I haven’t gotten to unpacking yet.'' Ariana giggled as she pushed forcefully against her door, opening it widely before ushering me inside. Reluctantly I entered, biting my lip thoughtfully as I watched her set her bag down in the mini kitchen. 

''How do you like your tea?'' she asked, her hands running against every cabinet before landing on the one on the right. She opened it and pulled out two cups. ''Erm... t-two sugars.'' I cleared my throat as I closed her door behind me before entering.

This normally never happens. I’m usually invisible. I wasn’t too sure how to approach this I mean; she’s so nice and friendly- no one’s ever acted this way towards me before. ''Interesting, I like my tea with two sugars as well.'' she smiled as she filled a kettle with water before setting the kettle on the stove; or at least attempting to. 

She missed the hot rings by a good inch or two, a soft grunt escaping her lips as she attempted to place it back. Eventually I felt bad just standing there and so I moved towards her and took the kettle by its handle. ''H-Here let me.'' I breathed as I placed the kettle on the stove and fixed the temperature.

''Sorry, I’m not used to living in a new place.'' She sighed with a half smile on her lips as she leant against the counter. ''I imagine this place looks quite nice.''

''You’re not missing m-much. I mean, the walls are pretty molded a-and the carpet isn’t very clean...'' I trailed off as I noticed her frown. ''What?'' I asked. ''Nothing, my dream of living in a beautiful flat has now been destroyed.'' she sighed in disappointment.

''O-Oh I’m s-sorry.'' I’m a horrible person. This is what happens when I try to socialize. ''It was a joke Marcel.'' A smile played at her lips as she nudged me lightly. ''O-Oh u-um uh...'' I stammered. ''You’re not much of a people person are you?'' she mused.

''W-Well no... I’m just shy m-most of the time. Stupid really.'' I sighed. ''I don’t think it’s stupid. Maybe you’re just shy most of the time because the world isn’t ready to handle your full potential.'' she smirked as I chuckled. ''Believe you me I have no potential w-whatsoever.''