XXXIV. Deceit to Protect

A/N: Vote please :) enjoy.

~ Harry ~

My mind was playing tricks with me. I should have known better; I shouldn't have let myself get closer. I know somewhere deep down I didn't regret a thing. I felt the happiest when I was with her; she was like a drug to me.

And like a user, I became addicted to her. I needed to constantly be with her. I craved her; her touch, her voice, her smile. And I can't seem to stop.

I was lost in thought as I admired her just laying next to me. I was lying down on my side, using my elbow as leverage to keep me upright while she was on her stomach with her legs tangled with mine which I smiled at.

She had her hands busily running along the braille embedded in her textbook as she studied for her next exam which was tomorrow. 

She spoke to herself in quiet murmurs in attempts to know the content. a she spoke, I'd trail a finger innocently from her shoulder, down along the curve of her back before returning it to its earlier position.

I brushed her hair over her bare shoulder and continued to do what I was doing. Not once did she stop me, which I smirked at. But I could see she was getting rather irritated, but nonetheless I continued to let my mind wander.

"Harry please, I need to study." She sighed as she pulled way from me. 

"You've been studying for ages." I moaned as I leaned over her and kissed the back of her shoulder.

I left my chin to rest there as I sighed. "You need a break."

"Don't you have to study for your exam tomorrow?" She mused.

"I will later." I said as I let my hand remain on the small of her back. I curled my hand over around her waist and pulled her closer to me. "I want to do something."

"Then do it." She said as I shrugged. "Okay."

I stood up and flew across the room into her bathroom. "Where did you go?" Ariana asked with a slight laugh as I shut the door behind me.

"Ask questions later." I muttered as I squatted. Instantaneously I released the longest and possibly one of the most juiciest farts I've ever let out. God I've been holding it in for so long.

I walked back out and shut the door behind me. "I heard that." Ariana giggled as she flipped the page in her book. 

To say I was embarrassed would be an understatement.

"That was actually my ring tone." I remarked as I sat back down next to her. "Interesting ringtone." She smirked. "I reckon it's the one's hat have a smell feature to them."

"Shut up." I push her shoulder lightly in defeat as she burst out laughing. 

I looked down at the time on my phone and sighed. It was nearly eleven which gave me at least an hour before I had to meet with the frat.

I figured I might as well leave now since I've embarrassed myself enough.

"Hey listen it's getting late so I'm going to go before Gerty catches me in your room after curfew." I said as I shoved my phone back in my pocket. "Will you be alright alone?" I asked her.

As far as I knew Roxie had been spending an awful lot of time with Zayn. I figured that could be the only person she'd be with at this time of night. I hated leaving Ariana alone in fear she'd feel lonely.

"Yeah I'll be fine. I'll be going to sleep in a bit anyways." She said as she sat up.

I leaned down and quickly gave her a kiss. "See you tomorrow kitten." I said as I stood up straight again.