XXXIII. Inbetween Realities

A/N: Vote please :) 

~ Harry ~

A suitable term to explain Jace screaming my surname down the hallway and potentially attracting the likes of every single student and teacher who were standing in said hallway; dick.

I felt Ariana tense as soon as Louis even mentioned the guy, prior to his angry rampage own the hall. I didn't like knowing Ariana felt uncomfortable in his presence.

I didn't want her to have to endure anymore of his harassing and figured now was the time to end things. I glanced over at Louis who shook his head.

"Don't." He warned me. "Not yet."

I sighed deeply and stood an inch straighter as Jace came to a halt in front of us. He was breathing heavily after his monstrous stomp. His breath reeked of tobacco which led me to momentarily hold my breath.

"Styles." He spoke softly this time. 

His eyes searched my own for something- I don't know. But he was staring at me intensely and it was starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

"Matthews." I smirked as I subconsciously pushed Ariana behind me.

Jace must have seen my slight gesture and snickered. "Meeting at the frat house tonight at midnight. Come alone. No bitches." he glanced over my shoulder and winked at Ariana.

I lunged forward but she held me back.

"Don't call her that." I growled.

"I'll call the bitch whatever I want to call her." he stepped back, chuckling to himself as I glared at him. "See you tonight Styles. Tomlinson. Bitch."

I watched as Jace walked away. I was beyond furious. If it hadn't been for Ariana holding me back, I swore I would have killed the guy. If anything I was planning to tonight.

"Harry." Ariana sighed as she tugged on my sleeve. "Harry let's go."

I gave Louis a short look before turning to Ariana. "I need to speak to Louis." I told her. She let out a visible sigh as she nodded. 

"I'll come by your room later." I whispered to her, making sure that Louis couldn't hear me. "Okay." She said as she pulled out her walking stick and went on her way.

The students in the halls were still frozen with fear as I looked at them. "The fuck you looking at?" I spat at the crowd and immediately the halls turned into a frenzy of people struggling to leave the building.

I turned back to Louis who was still standing by my side.

"You have five fucking minutes Tommo." I said. "What were you going to tell me earlier?"

"There's a rumor floating around that you've developed feelings for the freak like you weren't supposed to so now Jace thinks he's won the bet. I think the meeting is to going to be about him collecting his rewards." Louis explained as my eyes widened.

"But I don't have feelings for that freak." I lied. "She's so fucking irritating."

"That's what I thought." Louis chuckled in relief. "Just explain it to Jace tonight." he said as I nodded. "No problem."

"You know, I gotta ask." Louis smirked. "How the fuck did you get someone like Ariana to fall for you?"

"You can tell?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah man. Like she totally worships the ground you fucking walk on. When we rehearse all she does is talk about you. Oh when will Harry be back. Oh isn't Harry the sweetest."