XLIX. An Encounter

A/N: Vote please :) Might be a bit shitty because my mind is like // W H A T T H E F U C K // right now due to exams but I took a break from studying to write a bit. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's kind of a filler, but a lot of cute/bad shit happens and that's always swell. See you at the end! x

-

~ Harry ~

            Another short cry from Ariana and I was forced to sit up from my spot on the sofa. I groaned as I paused the game I was watching.

            "What is it now?" I asked her as I approached her reluctantly; half eager to help her and half eager to return to the game I'd been waiting hours to stream.

            "I felt something on my neck, I swear it was a spider or a rat or something." she shivered, standing in front of me with her hair wet and in just a towel.

            I looked at her in annoyance. "You're probably just imagining it."

            "Can you at least check the bathroom for me?" she pleaded. "But I'm watching a game, I missed it once I don't want to miss it again-"

            "Please Harry?" She pouted.

            I sighed as I watched her inch closer to me. "Please." she clasped her hands together in front of her and swayed back and forth.

            "The things I do for you." I muttered, pushing past her as I entered her room. I heard Ariana follow behind me, but I was more focused on the task at hand rather than her constant whining.

            I walked into her bathroom and looked around; the walls were bare as suspected, so were the floors. Except for the corner behind the toilet.

            I walked back out and approached Ariana.

            I sighed dramatically and placed my hands on her hips.

            "So?" she asked.

            "I'm going to need a blow torch, bleach, and a new identity." I nodded.

            I personally had no fear of spiders, or any sort of arachnid for that matter. But that little shit hibernating behind her toilet was all kinds of 'nopes' I couldn't even fathom into words.

            "What is it?" Ariana asked.

            "Rats." I sighed.

            "Rats- as in plural as in more than one." Ariana gasped.

            "Unfortunately."

            "Told you there was something in there."

            "Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes. "If you want you can migrate over to my room, shower there." I suggested.

            "That'd be perfect." Ariana grinned, tugging her towel closer around her body. "Thanks Styles." she added goofily, poking my cheek with her finger as she approached me.

            "If you need anything else just call." I told her, pinching her bum as she walked by. I chuckled at her surprised expression and took this opportunity to pull her close to me.

            "Harry!" She giggled as I lifted her up and dropped her carefully onto her bed. "Harry I need to shower!"

            "No." I shook my head as I hovered over her.