Chapter 2

Graduation Day!!!!

   So today's the day me and Ali graduate and I'm so excited. I finally get to go off to the college that I've always wanted to attend since I was in 9th grade. And I've finally decided what I wanna go for after 5 years of thinking and thinking. I wanna be a marine biologist, of course my major is biology and I'm okay with that. Biology was the class that I felt was the easiest in school.

"You look like a princess sweetheart" my mom said. "Thanks mom" I told her smiling and looking in the mirror.

"Okay okay, c'mon sit down dear, let me do your make and hair before I cry" mom said, faning her face and smiling. I let her do my make up and hair which wasn't alot because I really don't like alot of make up. My hair though was a different story. It was always straight or in a bun when I used to play sports but now I couldn't wait to see how it looked considering the fact that I wanted it curly.....and she had me facing the opposite wall.

"Okay. I'm gonna take them out now Katerina" she said to me. It was pinned curled and all she was doing was taking the pins out.

"Mom! Wait! My jewelry first please" I yelled.

"Oh! Sorry, I almost forgot" she laughed. She put on my black jeweled earrings and my black and silver bracelets with my glitter diamond encrusted necklace that's shined when ever put against a bright light. The last thing I needed was my shoes, which I slipped on my feet. Oh, and a little perfume here and there.

"Okay, now I'm ready" I told my mom. She took the pins out of my hair and I felt every curl fall against my bare upper back. My mom came around the chair and looked at me and started crying a little.

"Mom please don't start crying, because then I'll start crying."

"I know honey" she said, her voice craking a little from emotion.

"Good, now let me see" I rushed out of the chair and walk to the mirror.

As I looked myself in the mirror, wow was all I could think to say. I really did look amazing, Ali was right. It turned out to be better than I imagined. It was like a super model who was attending the most famous runway of them all, of course that would be the Victoria Secrets one. I started smiling, looking at myself. That's when my mom came up to me which took me out of a gazing trance.

"My little girl has grown up so fast" she said locking her eyes with mine, and patting the sides of my shoulders.

I gave a light smile as I turned around to hug her. "Thanks for this, for everything" I whispered, laying my chin on her shoulder.

"Your welcome" she pulled me out of embrace. "Alright, cmon Kat, let's go show your father and get to Ali's house. You know she doesn't like to wait for anyone." I laughed and grabbed my purse and left out of my room to walk down stairs.

"Honey you look very beautiful" my dad said smiling. He came up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Then, he stood back and looked at me.

"K how much did this dress cost?" He asked. "Um, I think $156 dollars" I responded, forcing a smile.

"Katerina why on earth would you spend that much money on a dress for one day?" He said to me. He wants us to save as much money as possible but I don't understand why. We have so much money we could give some to charity or even build our own building and we would still have some left.

"Dad please, relax. It's a special day for me. And plus I told you...after the graduation, there's going to be a party" I explained, smiling. "And speaking of party, this one is over at 3:00 am. The teachers say we're responsible enough to have our own party at school so.....do you mind if I stay out late?" I asked my parents. They looked at each other.

"Oh of course honey" my mom said. She gave me a hug and a kiss.
"Absolutely not" my dad said angrily, crossing his arms.

"Ben let the girl stay out as long as she wants, she's 19 years old and she's very responsible and shes not gettting any younger" my mom tried to explain to my dad.

"Fine, only because your graduating but I want you back in this house before 3" dad said, giving me another hug

I smiled, "Yay, thanks dad" I said, excited.

"Now come on dear, Ali's waiting for you" my mom said, pushing me out the door to go next door.

Like.Comment.💭💌❣