Chapter 79

Violet and I walked side by side toward the auditorium this Friday morning.

Our bio class was cut short when Mr Wright received a call for everyone to head to the auditorium. We hadn't been in the room for more than thirty minutes before we had to leave and no one knew exactly why.

"So what do you think is going on?" Violet scratched her head.

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe just a last minute conference. It is our last day basically"

Her light blue eyes met mine, they seemed to sparkle when she smiled.

"Well yeah, but we've decided to stay till Sunday or Monday though so it doesn't count"

I laugh at her response, she was right. We had decided this morning before class begun that we'd stay for a couple more days and not just because the days were extended as Professor Wright had told us back in the room. My first thought was that everyone would want to rush home and get away from all the work and teachers and things, it was my thoughts also but I didn't mind. My friends convinced me otherwise, it was like they had something planned or they just wanted to stay here and relax before the boredom of being home comes to them.

All the lines of students are heading straight through the open doors of the auditorium, everyone talks and laughs and the memory of coming here on the first day flashes back to me. Only I don't bother turning around because I know I won't see Levi.

"I guess there's absolutely no sitting with the others" Vi squints at something and stands on her tippy toes to examine the rest of the compact but open space as we head through the doors.

My eyes scan the crowds, "why does it seem like alot more people are here now then when we first came?"

"Yeah"

I shake my head, we head down the dark aisle until we find empty seat sorta near the rest of the class. Professor Wright had gotten lost back where the group of teachers were talking, he probably wouldn't care who sat with who anyway.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I remove it to see who it is. Its Ali, she texted. After reading the message I look for her in the rows of seats.

The flashlight from someone's phone shines straight onto me and I shield my eyes before they turn it off.

"Its Ali, of course" Violet waves. I do the same and she blows a kiss, which makes us laugh.
My next mission was to find Lucas and Monica in the sea of people.

"Monica and Lucas are in the back and I think your friends are sitting in front of them"

She's right, they sit right next to each other talking about something and Louis sits with Melanie.

"Nice eyes Vi" I tell her.

"Why thank you lovely" she bats her lashes.

There's movement out the corner of my eyes and someone moves slowly across the stage. I squint at Mr Warren, he wears a suit like always. His hand rest low on the front of him and I see him clear his throat before he speaks into the mic.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back" he pushes his hands together and smiles, the room fills with claps that echo off the walls.

"I know this was a rushed conference for everyone and I apologize for letting you guys know so late. Theres not much I have planned for today, no band no cheer I know how depressing those things can be to sit and wait for them all to finish," he chuckles and a fit of laughter plays around the room.

"I've only called everyone in today to say thank you for returning here after the break, I hope everyone had a great time. Also, I know you've heard that we've extended the days till Monday but you guys are free to leave when you wish. Today I'll be giving you the day off, all classes will be canceled" he steps away from the mic and smiles, everyone begins to clap and talk. Some happy about classes being over today and some not, didn't matter to me.