Chapter 20

"What the hell?" I said to him, "why did you drag me outside?" I was still pissed at him from Calc so I kept my distance, my arms folded.

He swallowed, he had the same dark and mysterious expression on his face from yesterday, "your welcome by the way"

"So what are you like..my body guard now or something? I didn't need you, I could handle people just fine" I rolled my eyes and started pacing.

He just stood back his hands in his pocket, "Yeah it looked like you could handle them just fine" his eyes landing on me for a minute.

I stopped pacing, "why don't you mind your business and just leave me alone" I was heated. He had the nerve to talk to Victoria and allow her to sit in my seat and then go and drag me outside, he was the last person I wanted to talk too right now. Plus this whole newspaper situation still lingered.

He didn't respond.

"I'm going back in-"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me in front of him so we were inches apart. I looked in his dark gray eyes.

"I'm sorry okay? For what happened in calc, I didn't think things would go so far with Victoria. Everyone knows she's a..." he trailed off.

He blinked and stepped back a bit.

"So what? I thought you liked her?"

"No" he chuckled.

I was surprised by his response. Seeing as though, he's already popular and I'm quite sure she is and will always be. Queen Bitch.

I inched closer to him this time and I thought he would step back but he didn't. I took my right hand and placed it on his cheek so he could look at me.

He flinched away, I saw his hand and had to ask, "what happened to your hand Levi?"

I noticed that he got tense. And he grabbed his bag ready to leave.

"....I can't tell you" he says. Then he runs his hands through his hair and storms into the building. Without a word.

I stood there, my eyes filled with tears but I blinked them back. You should've kissed him Kat, then maybe he wouldn't have stormed off.

"Shut up" I whispered to myself, then I put my index fingers to my temples and now realized how big of a headache I had.

I picked up my bag and walked toward the door. I prepared for the worst but when I stepped in the building  I just got a couple stares and half smiles. I guess I could say this is what respect is like. But why did it have to take an sexual assault to bring that out of people?

I went straight to my room. When I opened the door. I saw Ali, Monica and Violet all sitting in my bed.

"Katerina!" They all said in unison, hopping off the bed and ran to me giving me a hug. It felt great. I could use some serious comfort right about now.

"Kat, we are so sorry for what happened at your high school. You must feel terrible" Vi said for her and Monica. Monica shook her head in agreement.

"I'm okay guys, really. I just wanted to leave that all past me but I guess that didnt work" I put my head down. Someone was stroking my back.

Ali got up off the bed, "Kat I'm staying over. You, me, Vi and Monica are gonna stay with you all night to make sure your okay"

I picked my head up, "wait don't you guys have work and stuff? I'm fine really"

"No, she's right Kat", Monica said, "I'm staying too. We can worry about work later, plus it's the weekend"

"And your parents will be here tomorrow" Ali butted in.

"Yeah and...I can get us snacks and movies. My dad can. Plus", her face brightened and we all just stared at her, "you have to tell us about your hottie boyfriend"

I put my face in my hands, "he's not my boyfriend Vi" I shook my head.

"But he swooped in and saved you earlier" Monica said.

"What?! Where was I?" Ali folded her arms and stood back.

Monica, Violet and I laughed then.

Ali was with Jason in the other building when Levi took me outside. I spotted Monica and Vi in the crowd, now I remember. It didn't cross my mind though Vi made sure it did. She did what she said and called her dad to ask if he could bring us snacks and movies and of course he said yes. So we got comfortable on my bed and finally I could tell them the whole Levi situation.

"Yeah he said he couldn't tell me what happened to his hand" I said, and the thought made me feel guilty for asking him, just a little. You should've kissed him Kat. I shook the thought away.

"I wonder, maybe he got into a huge fight or maybe he got arrested and fought the police. Or you know what maybe he-" Monica was coming up with anything.

"Monica let's not get ahead of ourselves okay. It's his buisness and I respect it" I said.

"I'm sure you do in fact, let's set you guys up on a date or something" Ali says

"Uh no. Nooo, he definitely would not like that" I say aloud. At least I dont think he would. It's like one minute he wants to be next to me then the next he can't stand me. That's why you should've kissed him Katerina, my mind goes again.

Maybe I did want to kiss him. I could see him closing his dark gray eyes and biting his soft lips. I would probably end up melting instead of kissing him.

"Hello, Kat?" I heard Violet say.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you" my mind was elsewhere, I thought.

"No dates Kat" Ali says. My heart skipped a beat, thank god.

"How about a party?" Vi then speaks up.

I looked at her, "the next party they have down by the beach, we go. And Kat you go too this time. And maybe Levi will look at you and realize what he's missing" she finished.

"Correction, he's not missing anything because he probably hates me right now"

"Bull shit, we are definitely going, especially you Kat. Now let's eat our snacks and choose a movie to watch" Kat announces. She hops into the bed again.

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. When is the next party down by the beach? Would Levi even go? Of course he would, he's Levi. What about Victoria? I don't want her messing up my chance getting to know the guy. I guess we'll handle that later but as for now, Vi put John Tucker Must Die in the dvd and we watched and laughed and ate snacks.

Tomorrow, my parents will be here and I have to figure out this newspaper situation. Its definitely been the biggest and worst highlight of the year. Hopefully I can get it out the way and get through the semester and maybe even get to know Levi better.

Ty for reading♡ pls vote