Chapter 67

Christmas Day

Yesterday had been such a relaxing day.

We had eaten breakfast that morning and sat all day watching TV and eating snacks and honestly, it's the best I've felt in weeks since losing my boyfriend. I haven't read his notebook either because I know it'll spark something I won't be able to get rid of. Mom and I wrapped presents for half of the day also, she told Dad to take Macy and Kevin out somewhere so they wouldn't know what they'd gotten yet. She told me the things she gotten for myself were things she felt she shouldn't wrap and I agreed, I guess I felt too old for those types of things.

I started texting my friends again, Violet had been hanging out with her boyfriend and Monica had been doing the same with Lucas. Ali said she was returning home today and she couldn't wait to see me and my family and also Jason. I was happy for my friends, part of my heart was still falling apart but today. Today I had felt like it was slowing being glued back together with the help of my family. I woke this morning with a smile and the sun was out, I kept my pjs on taking the comfortable advice from my little sister and headed down to see everyone.

Mom had started cooking, the smell of turkey, macaroni and sweet potatoes with a hint of blueberry hit my nose and my mouth instantly watered. I sat at the table, watching and waiting for her to finish so we could eat already.

"Macy darling, you wanna help with the biscuits?" Mom called to her.

My little sister hoped up off the couch and rushed into the kitchen. She had some wrapping paper stuck to her dress and I chuckled at the sight of it.

"Alright Kat, instead of laughing why don't you grab the paper and throw it away?"

I laughed aloud, "okay, sorry Mace" she rolled her eyes and I grabbed the paper from her dress hem before she went over to the sink to wash her hands.

I threw it away and made my way to the living area to see what the males of the house were up too.

"Kat this is amazing" Kevin smiles widely at the boardgame I brought for him.

"How'd you know?" He asks, gathering the wrapping paper in his hand and throwing it into the bag of trash.

"I don't know, I just got it. I knew what Mom and Dad was getting and I figured nothing could top that so I just thought about the boardgame you wanted" I smile and flop onto the couch next to Dad whose watching TV.

I look to him and he smiles before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and kissing my head.

"When's your mother going to be done cooking Katerina? I'm starving" he mumbles under his breath so she can't hear and I chuckle lightly.

"I don't know Dad, you know everything has to be perfect when it comes to her cooking" I explain to him even as he already knows.

He nods, "I can hear you guys talking about me!" Mom yells from the kitchen and we look at each other and laugh.

Dad gets up and walks into the kitchen to lean on the counter and keep conversation with her. Macy comes running back into the living area and I realize she holds a notebook in her hand. She repeats my movements, flopping on the couch next to me and I grab her and pull her small form onto my lap.

"Katerina look" she holds open the notebook and I see what shes written.

"I started writing, I wrote the date which is today and everything that's going on" she looks at me with her blue eyes and smiles before writing more onto the white paper.

I bite my lip and hide the smile playing at it. Seeing my own sister write in her note book reminds me so much of Levi writing and also me thinking about writing for my own personal reasons. I haven't done it yet, I feel I should wait for the perfect day to start but not today. Today is all about family.