Chapter 68

"See ya Mom!" I yelled to her, stepping off the last step and rushing toward the door. Ali was waiting for me in the car.

"Be back soon Kat, your sister wants to bake sweets"

She meets my eyes and Macy waves bye to me.

I nod, "alright, see ya Macy" I open the front door and rush out into the cloudy morning.

Ali blows the horn and sticks her head out the window, "come on Katerina!"

I smile before heading over to hop in the passenger seat of the car. I close the door and look at her, she wears a red crop with some black tights and red lipstick. Her blonde hair is curled.

"Um, what's going on? We are justing eating out and talking" I ask her.

She smiles, "my boyfriend is meeting us there, seatbelt please"

She motions to the seatbelt and I grab it, clicking it into place before I turn to her again. She rolls down the window and taps on the radio, finding something to listen too.

"So, all in all I'm third wheeling again?" I ask her before looking out the window. We ride pass all the stores and familiar little shops that makes my heart happy. It seems like it's been so long since being here again.

"Katerina, you know your always welcome with us. Why do you have to make it seem like you third wheeling?"

"Do you understand the definition of such a statement Ali? Theres third people in a group and one of those people are the loner. You know, the bum of the group or just isn't in a relationship at the moment" I explain to her, she bites the skin on her lip.

"I know what it is, you never had a problem any other time Kat"

"And you never said he was meeting us there" I try not to make it seen like I'm mad because I'm not. I just don't think I should be going out with them anymore, it's been going on for a while and it's not right.

She slams on breaks at a red light and my head snaps toward her attention. She looks at me with a worried expression.

"What's wrong with you? You were just so happy yesterday and now you seem down and frustrated"

I let out a breath before turning back to the open window. A couple comes walking across the crosswalk in front of the car. They hold hands and laugh at something they talk about. I shake my head.

"Unbelievable" I mumble under my breath.

The car begins to move again and Ali stays quiet for a minute. A minute too long before she speaks again.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" She asks in a low voice.

"Yeah" is all I say when she parks in an empty parking space in front of the place we are eating at.

I shouldn't have agreed to this. I should've turned around and went back inside the house when she told me Jason was meeting us, this is wrong and I can feel it along with Ali's eyes on me before she turns the car off and removes her seatbelt. She opens her door and climbs out but all I do is remove the seatbelt I'm wearing and stay in the seat.

Ali makes her way over to Jason and gives him a hug and kiss, his arm draped around her back as he bends her over backwards. I suddenly want to crawl into a dirt hole and never come out.

After talking to David, I figured why waste time worrying about something that'll never happen again. But that's exactly what I do, I can't stop worrying and thinking about...him. I can't even think of his name anymore, it doesn't leave my lips either. The tastes would be bitter and uncertain, still the thoughts roam around in my head of what could've been between me and him. Until I messed everything up, he's no longer the Happiness of my Tragedy even as he saved me which is something I'll never forget.