Chapter 61

Sunday

"Hey Macy, how are you?" I have a huge smile plastered on my face and my sister can't stop yelling on the phone from how excited she is hearing my voice.

Katty! I missed you so much, we have so much planned for when you come home

"Aww, okay I can't wait" I tell her.

Me either! I was just- Kevin! Can you stop trying to take the phone

"Guys, please stop fighting over the phone" I run a hand over my face and laugh.

Stop fighting and wait your turn Kevin, Mom said.

She's been on the phone long enough Mom, that was Kevin

"Put me on speaker then!" I yell through the phone. They always do this, no matter who calls. They each want the phone and they'll fight over it till the death. But of course, Mom won't let that happen.

Katerina, I miss you. Can you come home now? Kevin asked.

"No, I come home this weekend Kevin"

Fine

Kat don't make us wait, we miss you and love you, Macy told me

"Alright, I love you guys too. See you soon" I tell them before I hang up the phone.

I shake my head and smile, I am pretty excited about going home this weekend for break. I don't know, theres just this feeling I have about going home.

I'm snapped back to reality when Jason dives over my entire body to catch the football that Lucas had thrown from the other end of the beach.

"Sorry" he laughs and gets up to throw the ball back.

"Its fine" I chuckle lightly and brush the sand out of my hair before pulling it back into a low bun.

I curl my knees up against my chest and sit with my eyes closed for a minute, the wind picks up a little and I let it soothe my skin and face and run through my hair. The waves push and pull from the end of the sand and I watch the white and blue mix itself, the sand darkens when hit with such light colors.

This morning we all just wanted to have a chill day. Ali thought it would be a good idea to head to the beach so that's what we did. We've been out here for a long while now and the weather's beginning to change actually. The sun was out and blazing hot during the morning hours of eight to eleven. I pick up my phone and its 2:42pm. Which means the clouds come out and the sun hibernates behind them. And the cold winds from the ocean blow.

I look to my right and theres not alot of people like there was this morning when we first came out.

Someone flops down on the sand at my left, "you okay Kat?" Monica asks.

"Yup, I'm just enjoying the breeze and this cool weather" I force a smile and she returns one back to me.

"Alright, anyway we are gonna head inside soon. It's supposed to rain, I checked the weather" she looks out into the distance.

I look over at Ali and Violet as they continue to play volleyball. They have been playing for a while now, I had only played with them for a couple minutes before I decided I just wanted to relax and think.

"Okay" I turn my vision back to the ocean and Monica leaves me sitting there. The clouds in the distance become grayer and darker then anything. Its quite scary looking at them now but it doesn't bother me like I'd expected it too. It makes me feel like I can't move, I just sit there and watch as they begin to roll in. It seems as if everyone has exited the sand and left me sitting there by myself.