Chapter 81

"I swear on my life Ali, if I fall we will never be friends again" I smile, also holding my arms out in front of me as I walk with Ali guiding be from behind. My eyes covered with the blindfold she had me where.

"Your not!" She yells in a whisper and I chuckle, "just trust me, we're almost there"

And by almost there, she means some sort of surprise they have planned for me. I don't know what it is but I do know where, somewhere in the building away from the dorms. Theres not a bit of sound in the halls that would give anything away as I'd like it too. I stumble over my own feet, Ali laughs in my ear and I shake my head.

She had promised to do my make up after I'd gotten changed, I wore the all black skin tight dress with specks of glitter all over and the rose in the corner. My shoes were all black heels with a strap and they showed my toes, I'm so glad we did get my toes, nails and hair done especially for this. Where ever she was taking me, I trusted her like I always did. Maybe I should make a run for it just in case theres some sort of trap.

"Okay, now turn here and push the doors"

I did what she said, I pushed the doors and the atmosphere changed quickly. We were outside and before I had a chance to ask, we ended up back in the building but another part.

"Your going to the gym Ali? What's in the gym?" I question her. She doesn't say anything.

"Okay, we're here ahh!!" She seems more excited then I am right now, I didn't like surprises I wanted this to be over already.

We head through some doors for the last time before she places me in the middle of the floor, I know this because when I put my hands out to my sides and in front of me there was nothing there.

Now there was silence and I was getting fed up, I heard shuffles and quiet voices thinking it was my friends.

"Ali?"

Was the only thing I said before removing the blind fold she had over my eyes, the giant room was completely dark. I begin to turn around and someone turned on lights.

"Surprise!" Everyone had shouted and by everyone, I mean people I knew and people I didn't know.

I covered my face with my hands and they begun to cheer.

"Woo!"
"Happy Birthday Katerina!"
"We love you!"

I shook my head not removing my hands yet, maybe I should've kept the blindfold over my eyes. Everyone began to move toward me, I could here the fit of laughter and cheers come closer. I removed my hands, the emotion in my throat began to rise and I wanted to cry but I couldn't. Not in front of everyone.

"Aww Katerina!" Ali came over first and then Jason, they both gave me hugs.

"Happy birthday Kat" my parents were next. Music had begun to play all around us and someone switched the lights to strobe, they were colorful and danced all around the gym and ceiling. It reminded me of the party held at my high school, then that made me think of Levi. I threw the thoughts away before something worse happened.

"Hey beautiful, happy birthday" Ali's parents and Jason's Mom came up to me, they gave me hugs and everyone looked so good. I was so happy to see them all.

Monica and Lucas were after them, then came Violet and Anthony.

"Katerina!"

I turned around to my siblings, they ran up to me, "hey guys, aww!"

"They forced me to let them come if that's okay with you Kat" Mom asked me, she stayed by my side.

I nodded, "of course" then I think about all that happened today, how we managed to get so much done in the small amount of time and it all lead up to this moment.