Chapter 5

Everyone's walking in there cap and gowns to the auditorium in the school building. Kayla's walking beside me and Ali's walking with her boyfriend and his friends behind me.

  We get to the auditorium and the first thing I see is red and gold streamers and stars hanging from the ceiling along with a chandelier. The chairs are wrapped in red leather surrounded by gold ropes signaling where we all have to sit. Then it hits me when I hear everyone in the crowd cheering for us as we all walk in along with my parents and Ali's who I spot from the middle of the auditorium as I smile and wave Hi to them.

     "Isn't this amazing?" I heard Kayla say, before waving at her parents.

"Super amazing! I wonder who thought of this?" I asked her, "It was my idea" she whispered to me, smiling.

"Really?" I said, sitting down in my seat next to her in the third row from the podium. I looked around to see where Ali was, "I'm right here" I heard her say, turning around to see that she was sitting directly behind me.

"Anyway, yes it was my idea" Kayla started to explain to me, "you know how they always do the same lame old red and blue theme every year?" ,I nodded my head, "well, I decided to talk to Principal Mathews about changing it a little you know, making it shine more" she said, playfully bumping my shoulder making me smile.

"I didn't tell anyone because I knew they would all blow my head off with ideas of what they think it should be or if it looked ugly, all eyes would be on me on the day of blah blah" she told me, calmly.

   All the teachers started to pile in on the chairs in the front left corner. I was wondering why those chairs were empty, I told myself.

  "You did a great job" I told Kayla, "thanks" she responded.

"Alright, everyone settle down please and take your seats so we can begin", there's Vice Principal Williams," as you all know, today's a very special day for these seniors. They've come a long way in life from Preschool to Highschool, and I couldn't be more proud to congratulate one of the best classes over the twenty years that I've spent working here at Freefall High. That's the Class of 2016." After that everyone started cheering for us including the parents, teachers and staff members and I couldn't help it, I started smiling and cheering too.

"I'm going to name all the lovely students of 2016 and I ask that you please hold your applause until the end; Lauren Abigail, Jonathan Acura....."
She named all the seniors, each rising from their seat and waving before taking their seat again. When it was my turn I repeated the steps and so on down the line of twelfth graders.

~*~*~

"And last but not least Zack Zachery, these are the students of 2016" Mrs. Williams said before everyone started cheering again only louder.

  "We have all met new people that we share memories with, good or bad. But whatever happened this school year, always remember to never give up on your dreams. Dream bigger and keep moving forward until you achieve your goals in life. Be the best that you can be and don't let anyone tell you different because the only helping hand is on the end of our own arms. Lao Tzu said 'A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step' so take that step and make it a journey of a lifetime. Anyone can take a small idea and make it into something big. So as the Vice Principal of Freefall High, and I don't just speak for myself, I speak for all the staff and teachers and Mathews the Principal himself, I want all of you to remember that everything happens for a reason. No matter where life takes you, take that chance and run with it. Thank you" Mrs. Williams finally finished the speech, everyone cheering and smiling, cameras flashing and the next thing I heard was Ali yelling "on the count of three everyone throw your hats up in the air; one two three!" And all the hats started flying and I couldn't be more happier as I hugged Ali and smiled.

Hey guys! I'm really sorry I took so long to write this chapter, I've been super busy. I kinda rushed this chapter so don't hate me. Thanks to everyone who read this story.  I'll start writing more as soon as I get more feedback. Tell me what you guys think please.  Like.Comment.💭💌❣  love you!