Chapter 53

As I always suspected, Ali and Jason were completely fine when Violet and I arrived at the table out in the courtyard. The sun was covered by the clouds and it seemed as if a storm was coming but whenever the sky was gray, it never rained. The sun would always come back out. I wish it would rain. Maybe it could wash away some of the guilt and pressure I had building up in my head and I'd sit there. I'd sit there on the table in the courtyard and just let it wash everything away. All the guilt and feelings and things that made these couple days hell for me.

But now I was okay. Its Thursday and there were no classes for two days straight. Thank God. I needed the little break. I layed in bed for most of the hours spent, just watching TV and eating ice cream. My friends tried there best to get me to go out with them and they succeeded once. They went to a nice restaurant to eat but I hardly ate anything. I brung the food back with me. I was too busy thinking about Levi. Everything made me think about him.

Especially now. It was like every since Louis, the new guy in Calc, sat next to me in class, he would always wave to me everytime he saw me. He was cute, but I wouldn't go for him like that. He was just....a friend. I was surprised Chelsea didn't make her move yet.

"Kat did you hear me?" Ali asked

I looked up at her. Nope, nothing. I was too  busy zoned out.

"No, what did you say?" I tried my best to get as much work done as I could during the lunch break time. My things were scattered across the table. Jason and Lucas headed back to the cafe to find something else to eat and Violet went to use the restroom. Monica silently worked on her work. I looked at her, she was so focused I could see her eyebrows come together.

"I said do you think it's going to rain?" she asked me.

I shrugged, "maybe it should. But honestly no I don't think it's going to rain"

"You want it to rain? Since when do you like the rain?" She crossed her arms on the table.

Since I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"I like the rain" I smiled before looking down at my work again.

"Okay, there was barely anything to eat so we just grabbed some sandwiches and fruit. Kat we got you a water" Lucas said and threw it to me. I caught it and thanked him.

They split the food with everyone and I just drank my water. I wasn't really hungry, I just wanted to get this work done so I wouldn't be behind on anything. I soon as the teacher would give it to us, I would work on it to get it out of the way. The rest of the lunch period was spent talking and laughing about some crazy old stories Lucas told about his childhood. Violet was also laughing even though she was the one involved in some of the things they'd used to do that was so bad. I gave Ali and Jason a hug before I headed toward Physics with Monica.

We walked through the door of the courtyard back into the building and I looked to my left down the hall. Up against the locker was Victoria and she was all over her boy toy as everyone walked by. She saw me and waved before going back to the hardcore makeout session with her boyfriend. I rolled my eyes.

We headed toward the classroom and I smiled. Not because of what I just saw Victoria doing but because if that was Levi, he would either curse everyone out for looking our way or he would find somewhere private to make out.

We made it the classroom and took our usual seats.

Monica layed her books on her desk and looked over at me.

I took a sip of my water and Monica cleared her throat.

"So Zoe I need to ask you something" she fidgeted in her seat before looking around.