Chapter 10

"So tell me again what the hell happened?"

"I was in my house and I saw someone in my backyard. I went to go check it out and the next thing I new, I was running for my life" I told Ali.

   "And the same rapist guy was chasing you?" She asked, lowering her tone so no one could here.
"Yup".

We were sitting in IHOP and we had ordered our drinks, I got an orange juice and Ali stuck with her usual, water.
   "That's some creepy shit" she said looking worried.
   "I know, what do you think I should do?" I questioned, biting my lip.

"I don't know, but don't worry", she grabbed my hand, "we'll figure something out". I forced a smile, hoping I could sooner or later believe we could really figure this out.

   "Can I get you ladies something to eat?" the waiter asked. I didn't look at him because I was still trying to process the feeling of panic in my head from the dream.

"Yes you can" I heard Ali say with a smile. I looked up at her as she was talking to him and she moved her eyes toward him to signal for me to look. But I didn't want too.

  "I'll take the veggie omelet with one buttermilk pancake and a side of scrambled eggs, just a little" I heard Ali tell him, a hint of laughter in her voice.

   "And you beautiful? What would you like?" he asked me. I ignored him though. That's when Ali smacked my hand, "Kat?" she said.

I looked up at her, "what?".
  "Tell the HANDSOME waiter what you would like to eat please" she moved her eyes toward the waiter again so I could look at him.

"Oh right sorry, could I get-" and just like that I got lost in those sea green eyes and that perfect smile. His hair was a dark brown, his face a clean shaven cut around those full lips. My eyes fell down to his chest where he wore a dark blue shirt with an apron over top that was olive green and a pair of jeans.

  "Kat, you okay?" I heard Ali say, coming out of my trance. I jumped back, "uh, yeah I'm fine"

Looking back down at the menu even though I already new what I wanted,  "I'll have two buttermilk pancakes with strawberry slices and whip cream on top and a side of two turkey sauage" I said, not looking at him.

  "Is that all sweetheart?" God dammit that voice, "Yes that's all thanks" I responded. I looked down and didn't look up until I heard him walking away.

"Good going Katerina" I looked at Ali and she was smiling and silently clapping her hands.
"Stop it, you know I hate it when guys think it's okay to call someone beautiful when they are beautiful human beings of there own" I told her, trying to stop myself from smiling.

"Oh please Kat, you absolutely love it when hot guys call you cute", wrong your absolutely wrong Ali-anne, "that's why your face is all red" I looked at her, she folded her arms and smiled.

   "Really? Omg" I wiped my face with my hands like I was trying to rub the redness off. 

  "It's okay" she laughed, "I know you haven't had a boyfriend in a long time. It's absolutely normal to feel that way"

It's true, I thought. I haven't had a boyfriend in a while, but it doesn't bother me, well not until I get caught up in a third wheeling situation between Ali and Jason. I hate those type of dates but Ali always begs me to come since she thinks I spend most of my time reading or just being in the house. I don't think I do, I mean I go outside to play with my siblings sometimes. Come to think about it, that's about it...oh hell,  maybe she's right. But right now a boyfriend is not the issue, that dream is.

  "Hot guys bringing are food" Ali looked at him walk toward our table.

"This is for you love" he said to Ali, I looked at her and she was practically gawking down his throat because the word Love. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "thank you" she replied.