Chapter 56

Melanie just couldn't give up the fact that she had a whole conversation with Louis. She told me how she freaked out in front of him but he found it to be cute. She said he couldn't stop laughing. She also told me he was being all flirty and didn't seem like he had a girlfriend but when she asked him, he changed the subject.

"Just give it some time" my hand slid down her upper arm, "he'll come around and you'll know. Honestly, the way he acts and the way you explain him makes it seem like he doesn't so your good. Trust me" I gave her a warm smile and she returned one.

Today is Sunday and no one had plans for anything. I hadn't talked to Melanie since yesterday, after we had talked I told everyone else to come to the courtyard too meet her. She seemed so shy but only around me was she her most self. Everyone stayed in there rooms until I had convinced them to come out. They all met me in the hallway and I told them to follow me to the gym.

I just figured it was somewhere different that we could hang out instead of leaving the campus or heading to the beach but Monica had convinced us to play volleyball.

"I got it" the ball made it's way toward her and she set it my way. I went up to spike it toward the other side of the net and to my surprise Violet hit it up in the air. Ali bumped it and Vi hit it up again so it came toward our side.

"Mine!" I yelled and ran for the ball, it flew up in the air and when it came back down I looked at Monica and she nodded signaling for me to hit it again so I did. It went to the other side but this time, it hit the floor.

Violet threw her arms up, "I have to say" they all looked at me while I spoke.

"You guys are getting really good at this. I think I taught you well"

"Pssh, pa-lease Katerina. Volleyball is literally the best sport, I think I taught myself" Violet folded her arms.

They all made their way toward me and laughed at Violet's response.

"I don't like sports, but I have to say this is actually fun" Ali smiled her perfect smile and I shook my head. She never played any sport in her life unless it was for gym in high school so I'm proud of her.

"Yeah yeah" I say before making my way over to the other side of the gym to get the ball back. I jogged over and grabbed the ball before I looked at the guys playing basketball. My mind instantly goes to the days when Levi played ball while we played volleyball and him and Lucas were cheering for us. I smiled and turned away, making my way back over to the net.

"Wanna go for another round?" I asked them.

"Sure, why not?" Monica says.

"Because I'm starting to sweat, duh" Ali starts fanning her face with her hands. I smile.

"Theres the Ali I know and love so much, I thought I'd never see her again" I tell her moving backward toward my side of the net.

She runs me a fake smile and I chuckle. We get into positions on each side and start playing again. The ball goes high in the air and I keep my eye on it. My heart is racing and I can feel the sweat making it's way down my down and my neck into my shirt. I missed this. I missed the days where all I had to worry about was being on time to practice or having to make sure Ali did what she had to do to maintain an A in gym. Now all I think about is Levi. What the outcome of what he did was or if I'd ever see him again.

He isn't my sport. Or maybe he is, he makes me feel good and energized just like volleyball does. Keeps me going and on my toes. I look over at the other side of the court and I see someone. Its Levi, it looks just like him. The back of his head as he dribbles the ball and makes his way to the court moving ever so swift and so easy, dodging everyone around him. But it's not, it can't be. Can it?