23 June, 2016.

Today was an exciting day.

My college had planned something really cool for us. One really big company had their Board meeting at our Campus. We students were to attend the 'social initiative' part of their meeting. This was a really interesting move from my college's part. Never has a company held its Board meeting in any college campus and that too with its students.

The entire morning, I was only thinking about what was going to happen in that meeting. I had no idea what to expect from this meet.

I met up with a few friends in the canteen and they told me about their days an stuff. Later we went to our conference room. The Board members looked really intimidating to be honest. I also had to sit away from my friends which was a bummer. The Board members introduced themselves and presented their 'social efforts presentation'. It was pretty impressive. I got to know how important is CSR to a company.

Later, we had this Q and A session.

If you want to know one thing about me, I'll tell you that I shy away from taking initiative or saying something in front of a group of more than 3 people. Before going for the meet, I had decided that I'll ask at least one question. And during the Q and A session, I did have a question to ask.

But I didn't ask it.

I thought that my question was stupid. All the other students were asking such meaningful questions and I didn't want to be looked down upon as 'the fool who asked that stupid question'. Also, I get really uncomfortable when I'm like a centre of attraction of sorts. I get very very self conscious. I know that I cannot stay like this forever but it's just going to take a long time for me to change.

Lets see if I do change/improve in the (near) future.