6 June, 2017.

I'm back to volunteering at college again.

Sometimes I wonder why I volunteer so much even though I don't get noticed/recognised for it but then I remind myself that my purpose is not to impress anyone. My motive is self growth.

Also, I kind of don't have a life.

So today there was a workshop held for the entire faculty of three major schools (offering +2 education) in the city.

As soon as I entered college, I noticed that my usual registration job has been taken over by the newbies aka the next batch students. Alas, my days of registering have seemingly come to an end. I will miss guiding confused guests.

So what's my new job you ask? Serving. I'm a waiter. Why do I volunteer so much again?

Anyways, we waited for the teachers to arrive and when they did, oh boy, they came in huge numbers. Our campus is not small but it was congested by the time the last set of teachers walked in. I served them tea, coffee, biscuits, cupcakes and everything there was to offer. I can't stand crowded places but I had to survive.

After about half an hour, they all sat back onto the seats arranged for them.

There was an orientation in the beginning following which the teachers divided themselves amongst four different workshops. The teachers were divided into four groups and they then were directed to their respective assigned classrooms for those workshops.

Workshop 1:
This set of teachers was divided into yet smaller groups. Each of the group was given a topic (ranging from 'Why does an average child get distracted?' to 'Are there enough resources in the academic industry?') and they were to discuss the cause, impact and solutions to their respective topics of discussion.

Workshop 2:
The teachers were divided into groups. They were given a hypothetical situation wherein they were stuck on moon and had a bunch of items left with them. Each group had to arrange those items in the order of their individual needs (at first) and then the group needs. I had done this activity in one of my classes so I didn't spend much time in this room.

Workshop 3:
The teachers were asked to discuss their hilarious encounters with their students. This seemed like a pretty interactive workshop which required immense amount of will power to share their personal stories.

Workshop 4:
The teachers were taught about the various ways (such a infographics, activities, etc) by which they could grab their students' attention.

It was interesting listening to the various views these grown ups had. Me being the reporter for the day got a chance to eavesdrop any conversation I wanted to and I took full advantage of that.

I think I did a pretty good job as a reporter.