9 June, 2017.

It's Clue Hunt Day.

Since I like cutting cost wherever I can, I walked to the place from the station. It took me some time to reach the place but eventually I did.

Darcy was already there. She is someone who will arrive 15 mins before the scheduled time so I wasn't really surprised to see her. The B'day girl Kristen came after sometime and as expected, Venus was late.

The manager explained all the rules to us and off we went to the.... small room of adventure.

I'm not going to lie. I was a tiny bit disappointed when I saw the room. It was small and didn't really look extraordinary. But boy was it fun.

We had chosen the room called 'The Witch's Den'. It was Harry Potter related.

There were a lot of treasure chests with number locks in the room so it was obvious that we had to find numbers. Some of them were pretty easy to find but some were quite tricky. Infact we called the guy more than thrice (which was ideally the maximum time we could ask for help/hint) which kind of defeatd the purpose but we don't give a shit.

There was an ouija board on the table and we eventually figured out that we had to find four translucent papers with arrows on them for one of our big clues. Some of the other clues included picture frames with birth and death dates of popular HP characters, an alphabet calender, a cross shaped mirror, one of the books from the book rack, etc.

The biggest surprise that we got was that we found some small object in one of the treasure chests. We didn't know what to do with it. In the end we got to know that the object was a magnet which when stuck to a part of the book shelf, moved that book shelf to give way to a secret small room. That was the coolest clue of the day!

Honestly, Venus and I gave up a bit half way through and were busy making a complete costume out of the decor of that place, which included a cape, a hat, a mask, glasses, a skull garland and a wand.

Finally, we got the key and we were out.

It was super fun! I had always wanted to go for this and now I had. Thanks Kristen!

We took a bunch of pictures for about 45 mins and then left the place. We went to a cafe nearby where Darcy and I had a pastry each. Here we got a live example of how the day would have been if we had gone for a lunch instead. It was kind of awkward. There was no common topic where the four of us could give our inputs and have a conversation about.

After that, we came home. Kristen was super happy when I gave the cake to her. She was pleasantly surprised that I had invested time to actually bake something for her. I'm glad she loved my effort!

Even though it isn't your birthday, it sure felt like one so Happy Birthday Kristen... Again!