7 June, 2017.

I honestly have no life.

Even after attending the entire day yesterday, I went to college today.

Before that I had my first ever driving class. My timings are from 8:30 AM to 9. I reached the place at 8 for some reason.

Oh wait. I know the reason. Mom told me it would be a great idea to wait in the driving school office since it's my first day.

Guess what, the office wasn't open. So for half an hour, I just stood there like a homeless creep until my supposed car arrived.

Honestly, I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. My driver explained some basic rules about the gears, clutch, accelerator and break and asked me to start driving. Only, I wasn't driving at all. It was my driver who did everything, from steering the wheel, to changing the gear, to breaking, everything. I felt like I was in a broken game simulator. I'm going to have a tough time learning this shit.

The plus point is that my driver is entertaining. He keeps singing all the time (which is strangely, not that annoying) and is apparently friends with everyone on the road.

I came to college directly after driving class. But this time, volunteering was a bit different. I realised that I had come to college to do an ambassador's job.

Well, I recently got added to the ambassadors' WhatsApp group which technically does makes me an ambassador but I've never done this job. Here's why.

An ambassadors job is to talk to parents who have come to admit their children into our college. We have to explain the entire ethos of the college including the subjects taught here, activities taking place, assessment protocol, fee structure and ultimately a campus tour.

I cannot speak to parents for nuts. And this is besides the fact that my interaction skills suck. The reason why I will never talk to new parents is because I can't sugar coat things.

There is an unsaid rule that we have to hype the college up whenever we speak to parents. We have to paint such a picture where we hide all the flaws and present our college as the best you'd ever come across.

I can't do that. I will not lie to parents.
The immediate reason why I stopped talking to parents was one question: "What is the difference between doing our course and another existing management course". Frankly, not much. I have friends studying the other course and I hear all about practical projects from them too. I can tell you the difference between being my college and other colleges but not my course and other courses.

Besides, there are a lot of things that I am unhappy with in my college what with all the politics that goes on. If I talk to parents, I will feel compelled to open that door. Who am I to assure other parents about their child's internships when I myself don't know  what the fuck is going around? I was once on the other side. I had once been the person asking questions and had been given a campus tour to. I wouldn't want to be lied to and hence, I will not lie to others.

Which ultimately leads to my decision of not talking to parents.

Instead, I took up an invigilating task. It was much much better. I got to give students and ultimatum and better yet, organise stuff.

This was a job I was comfortable doing. No more talking to parents.