Surprises

Sorry guys that I haven't updated the last few days! But I have an excuse, it's my birthday!

"We're here." Richard muttered pulling me towards the church we'd just come from and he pulled me into a garden nearby and stopped suddenly. It was getting dark now and it was at that point when everything looked blue.

"What is this place?" I said slowly looking around I didn't recognise it one bit. He stepped forwards and placed flowers down next to a headstone and I gasped making him jump a little bit.

"This is..." I mumbled trying not to cry. He gave me a small nod and I lifted my long dress up at the front as I knelt down next to gravestone and let out a small cry. "I- didn't recognise it." I said looking at the stone and admiring Maisie's name written in fancy lettering.

"That's okay." Richard placed an arm on my back as I stayed knelt down crying next to her grave. "I just thought today was an appropriate day to bring you."

"Thank you." I blurted out as I stood up and swing my arms around his neck crying into his shoulder and quickly apologising about leaving some makeup on his shirt.

"Where did all these flowers come from?" I asked looking around at the floor around the stone and seeing flowers everywhere.

"My parents, your dad and Rachel, Lily and Matt... The list goes on. They all knew I was going to bring you here so they sent flowers. To know she was well loved." Richard said holding my hand tightly as we stood looking down at the grass around us.

"Thank you." I muttered continuing to look down.

"It's no problem--"

"--no I mean it. Thank you, you're always so nice to me, so good to me and we haven't even talked much in months. This-- day was perfect, a great distraction but also a lovely reminder." I said looking at him and hoping he understood how important this was to me.

"Anything to see you smile like that." He said staring intently at the smile I had plastered on my face as I stared up at him. His eyes were a bit too focused on my lips.

"Richard." I hummed as I felt he leant in closer.

"Shh." He said before placing his lips on mine and furiously, passionately kissing me. Before I knew it I was kissing back and holding his neck so he wouldn't go anywhere.

"We can go back to mine if you want? It's not too far from here." He said as I pulled away for some air.

"Huh, Richard, I really don't think that's a good idea." I said slowly but awkwardly. "I'm trying not to do the whole 'sleep with anyone' thing anymore. Unless it a serious relationship." I explained to him and he understood straight away.

"That's alright. I'm sorry I even suggested it." He said but we were still inches away from each other's lips.

"Don't be sorry." I chuckled before kissing him again. I don't know whether it was the alcohol or whether we were just kissing for comfort on a sad day but I liked it.

- - - - -

"Thank you so much for coming." Charlotte said giving me a hug as Richard and I had now gone up to her and told her we were leaving.

"That's okay, thanks for having me." I laughed standing next to Richard and holding his arm.

"We'll see you later sis." Richard kissed her cheek and then turned back and smiled at me before we left with his friends who were driving us back to campus.

- - - - -

"Thank you." I said slowly as I clung to Richards arm as we walked down the corridor towards my dorm.

"For what?" He laughed gently and I let go and him and just strolled along side him.

"For today. I was going to stay at home and do nothing but cry all day but you.. I don't know it's sounds cheesy but you recused me." I explained as I smiled across at him.

"I'm glad you had a good time." He smirked with his confident looking smile and that look in his eyes that made me think he was really thinking about something.

"Well, this is me." I said leaning against the door.

"It is." Richard hummed standing opposite me.

"Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked gently looking at him hoping he'd sat something because I felt really stupid.

"Yeah, I think it's the last time before everyone leaves for summer on Sunday." He smiled.

"Ah cool!" I laughed. "Well, see you then." I said opening the door and stepping inside leaving him on the other side of the door.

"Lily?" I called stepping in at a ridiculous hour of the morning. "Are you still up?" I called knocking on her door.

"Jenna no--"

"Oh my god." I said suddenly seeing something I really didn't want to see. "What are you two doing?" I shouted stepping back from the door as it all sunk in. I found it kind of funny and embarrassing for them  and me.

Lily was laying there half naked trying her hardest to out some clothes on and Matt was there too under the sheets and completely shocked by my interruption trying also to out some clothes on.

"Jen, We were just--"

"What? You tripped? Fell? Landed on his dick?" I said sarcastically stepping back and taking in the scene. "Never mind, I'll be bed." I laughed walking away from them and heading for my room. Wow I mean, I wasn't mad... I just felt like mocking them a little bit. It was pretty funny.

I knew we'd have to discuss it tomorrow but until then... I'll just let it stew and see what happens.