Stupid Love

The Next day, Jessica woke up sleeping on the couch. She was too scared to be near Robert. This had not been the first time he has done somthing like this. He had gotten more and more violent each time. Jessica was hiding this from the boys. It had been going on for at least 2 months. Jessica had no where to go, she was staying for her sons, Matthew who is 16, and Brady who is 7. They were the love of her life, she couldn't risk putting them at risk or possibly losing them. It was too risky.

**

That morning Jessica had woken up to her cell phone ringing, it was Matt, calling from his friends house. Jessica's head was throabing, everything was blurry. She answered the phone, grogy.

"Hello?"

"Hi honey, what's going on?" Jessica mumbles standing up, off the couch.

"Nothing. Is it okay if stay longer and go to a party tonight? All the upperclassmen are going before the big game next friday."

"What kind of party is it?" Jessica walks over to the window, and notices that Roberts work car is gone.

"Just a football party, yanno, games, food." Matt mumbles.

"Alchol?" Jessica says in a stern voice.

"No ma, If we drank we would be kicked off varsity. You know that." Matt laughs.

"And the fact you are underage. As long as you make smart choices, you can go. Be home by at the latest 11:45." Jessica huffs soflty and says goodbye to Matt.

She walks slowly into the kitchen to clean up the mess from last night. She carefully took small steps making sure not to step in glass. She looked down at the floor and began to cry, she couldn't elp but not too. The man she had married 20 years ago, was a different man. Robert was no longer the guy that carried her to saftey, or the man that kissed her goodnight, and thanked her for everything she does, and giving him children. He was different. He was unfaithful, abusive, and violent. Yet Jesssica was still in love with this man. She couldn't get out of something she calls "Stupid Love".

**

After Jessica had cleaned up the kitchen, she went into the bathroom to apply makeup to her face, to cover up her brusies. She gently applied it, making sure not to put pressure on her eyes, since it would hurt her. She then closed her makeup and put it away noticeing brusies on her arms. She walked into her room and found a long sleeve turtle kneck. She then stopped and looked in the mirror, she saw a weak person. It scared her. It was disgusting to her. She was covering up her scars, and faking a smile, she couldn't live like this much longer.

**

"Hey mom, sorry I am late, I am on my way to pick up Brady. I know you had things to do." Jessica hops in her busted car and starts to drive to her mothers.

"Don't sweat it honey. My book club got cancelled. We are just fine." Jessica's mom says in a peppy voice.

"Thank you mom." She says soflty.

"Honey, it is my job. Love you!" She giggles then hangs up the phone. Jessica puts both hands on the wheel and takes a deep breath, she look in the mirror to make sure you can't see the black and blue. Covering her eyes with giant sunglasses, she looks at a photo of her two sons, she smiles. That picture is the only picture that gives her motivation.

***

"Mommy!" Jessica walks into her mothers house, bending down to the floor, for Brady to jump into her arms. It was the best feeling in the world, being hugged by her children.

"Ugh! Hi buddy. You just get bigger and bigger everytime you leave me, don't you?" Jessica giggles standing up to hug her mother. Her mom pulls her away and scans her body.

"Brady go get your stuff honey." Jessica says, slowly taking off her glasses and giving her mom a strange look.

"What is it, why are you looking at me like that?" Jessica giggles shaking it off.

"You are wearing a turtle kneck, and it is the end of August. And you are wearing loads of makeup and giant sunglasses. I am not as dumb as a box of rocks Jessie."

"First it is cold, and second I am barley wearing makeup." Jessica giggles walking away into the kitchen.

"You haven't been eatting Jessica. You are too skinny!" Her mom follows her crossing her arms.

"I have been eatting. Stop worrying." She looks back at her mom, faking a smile. Her mother comes up behind her, turning her around and pulling up her seleves.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jessica yells pulling back down her sleves.

"Jessie! What happen to you? Who did this to you? Look at your arms!" Jessica's mom looks at her with sad eyes.

"I feel, okay. That is it." Jessica pulls away from her, leaving the room, going to look for Brady.

"Did he hurt you Jessica. Did Robert hurt you?" Her mom stands still behind her. Jessica turns around and the room goes silent. Brady then walks in, confused.

"What happen mommy?" He comes up behind her grabbing her leg. She bends down and picks him up.

"Nothing baby. Lets go and get some lunch, okay?" Jessica looks back at her mom and Brady blows a kiss. Her mom huffs. Kissing Brady goodbye, then looks at Jessica and whispers to her.

"I want an explination, soon."