What You Deserve

"I am so nervous for him." Jessica says pacing around the room.
"Don't be. He will be great."
"I know he will, but what if he doesn't get the scholarship."
"Don't worry." Danny smiles than kisses Jessica.
"I will see you at senior night."
"We are gonna leave a little bit after you, my mom will watch Emily and Brandon during the senior night event."
"Okay."
**
Jessica takes the kids to the game shortly after Danny and Matt leave. Before the game Jessica met up with Danny and Matt to walk him down the field.
"Why are you so nervous mom?" Matt says looking at her.
"I am not. I am just fine."
"Oh shit." Matt says turning around.
"What?" Danny says
"My dad."
"What? Your dad!" Jessica says nervously
"Why is he here! I didn't tell him about the game." Matt says
"The news paper probably." Danny turns back around.
"Honey, go talk to him." Jessica says
"No, we are walking on the field soon."
Before they know it Robert finds them and walks over.
"Matthew?" He says tapping his back.
"Um, hi." Matt says
"How are you two?" He says as Jessica turns around.
"We are fine, they are getting ready to call my name."
"Oh, yea. I was wondering if you wanted me to walk you down with your mother."
It quickly got awkward, Robert had seen Danny standing next to his son. Danny broke the silence.
"Listen Matthew, you should let your father and mother walk you up the field."
"No, Danny stay. I want you to. I am sorry, but I want Danny to." He says looking at Robert. His eyes grow sad.
"But I am your father. He isn't." Robert says sternly.
"Danny has been more of a father to me over the past year than you. How do you think I can ever forgive you."
"Matt honey, that's enough." Jessica says putting her hand on his shoulder.
"No mom. He doesn't deserve to be by my side. He lost that privilege long ago."
"Matt, maybe we should just say we are sorry. Listen Robert, I think you should go. I am sorry." Danny says
"Don't apologize for me." Matt says
"If you don't want me to be by your side than fine. Fuck you. Who is the one that supported you for 16 years, taught you the game. Got you into football? Me. Your mother and Danny did none of that." Robert says
"Robert you should go." Jessica says putting her head down.
"Shut up you bitch." Robert snaps.
Danny steps in front of him.
"Don't speak to her like that. Don't you ever!"
"What are you gonna do?"
"Leave now." Danny looks over at two cops that were already on there way over.
"Fine, fuck all of you." Robert walks off.

By time is was time for Matt to walk down. Jessica and Danny stood at Matt's side.
"Let's do this." Matt says looking at Danny and Jessica.

"One of our most honorable players, Matthew De'Niro. He started off playing varsity sophomore year. He has been devoted to football. Scoring 548 points his whole high school carrier. Please give a round of applause for him and his parents Daniel Huston and Jessica Lange. Thank you for your devotion." The loud speaker says as the slowly walk down the field. Jessica teared up. She couldn't believe her first born was already a senior. She was so proud of all of his accomplishments. Tonight was the game that determined his future. Even though she didn't want him to leave, she knew that him getting a scholarship to PITT is what he wanted.
When they got to the end of the field they gave him flowers and a crown. After that they took a picture of them. Once they were done they got a big group picture of all the seniors, than went and took a bit of pizza.
Matt walked over to Danny and gave him a hug with a tear down his eye.
"You may not be my dad, but thank you for being one of my biggest supporters and always being there for me."
"No problem buddy, it's the least I can do. You are a great kid."
Jessica smiles than looks at Matt.
"Mom" he says softly going in for a hug.
"Thank you. For everything."
"I love you. Now go out there and get what you deserve."
"Okay mom." Matt puts in his helmet and runs out with the team. One of coaches wife came up behind Jessica.
"Jessica, hi!"
"Hello Brandi!" Jessica turns around
"They want the coach wives to prepare for the after party/ food fest. Do you mind helping?"
Jessica looks up at the stands and sees Dorthy sitting perfectly with the kids enjoying themselves and the kids playing.
"Sure, I would be glad to. I would like to watch a bit of the game."
"Yes! We get to sit with our husbands tonight!"
"Oh boy, I don't want to distract them. And Danny and I aren't married." Jessica giggles
"My bad! Well you should be. You are all so perfect for each other."
"Thank you Brandi."
"Let's go see these boys win!"
Brandi and Jessica sit behind the coaches and watch the game. By half time Matthew had been scoring all of the points. He had made 3 touchdowns. Jessica couldn't help but look at the college scout. She also herd the coaches mumbling. "That boy, he is sure gonna get it."
"He has a big future ahead Of him."
During halftime Jessica helped set up all of the snacks for the players.

"And the raiders win!" The loud speaker yells.
The bleachers yelled and cheered. Matt ran off the field with the seniors. The all kissed the field as they walked off of it one last time. Danny gave Matt a hug giving him a thumbs up.

After the game Danny and Jessica watched the boys eat. All of a sudden Jessica herd "Brandon!" Being screamed
She turned around and saw a close friend running towards Jessica with Emily.
"Missy what's going on?" She says concerned
"Your mother, she can't find Brandon. She thinks someone took him!" Missy says in tears.
Jessica immediately freaks out.
"Brandon? He is missing?" Jessica cries.
Matt walks over "is everything okay?"
"Your brother is missing. Please watch Emily for us. We need to go find him."
Danny says as Jessica starts calling his name.
"Let me help!" Matt looks over and Brandi comes over.
"Please watch Emily for me, I need to help them find my brother!"
"Okay, I will. Please go, be safe."

Matt runs following Danny and Jessica. There hearts were racing.
"Is Brandon going to be okay?"
"Yes sweetie. Everything will be okay."