College

A year and a half later-
September 8th-
It has been almost 2 years since Jessica left Robert. Jessica was now living in a house closer to work with the boys, and also Danny and his daughter. Jessica and Danny had been dating for a while. Danny had opened his own practice. Jessica worked as a nurse at his new doctors office. All three kids got a long great. Matthew was now 17, he was a senior in high school. Brandon is 8 and started third grade. Emily was only 6 and just started first grade. Brandon and Matt saw there dad the first weekend of the month. The new schedule just started a few months ago. Robert was now working in a factory and had a small apartment. Jessica never talked to him unless it involved the boys. Robert was a year clean. Jessica told the boys not to tell him about Danny. She was worried how he would react. Robert and the boys weren't so close anymore so they didn't tell him much. Danny and Jessica had meet each others family. Jessica was so happy with Danny. He made her feel so happy, she had never met a man who treated her so well. She knew Danny was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Emily loved Jessica, and Jessica loved her. Danny and the boys got along very well. Danny decided to be the assistant football coach for Matt's school. The boys bonded a lot over sports and hung out a lot. Emily and Jessica did a lot together, they went shopping, had tea parties, and saw movies that Jessica the boys wouldn't want to see. Everyone was so happy. Jessica and Danny loved their small little family.
**
"Guys ready for game night?" Danny says walking down with his football shirt on.
"Ya, ready to kick some ass." Matt says putting on her jersey.
"hey, language honey." Jessica laughs
"Third Game!" Danny pats Matt on the back.
"Jessica, could you braid my hair please?" Emily says walking over to Jessica with a brush and ponytail holders.
"Of course, but real quick because we need to leave soon."
"Mom! Look, I am wearing Matt's old football jersey." Brandon walks in with a huge shirt on.
"Oh kid, that's a little big. You might trip in that." Danny says laughing.
"I know, but it's cool." Brandon says.
"Great way to support your brother Brandon." Jessica smiles finishing the last braid on Emily's hair.
"Thank you Jessica!" Emily gives her a hug.
"No problem. Why don't you guys all get your shoes on. We are going to be late."
"One sec, dad is calling me." Matt says, he reaches out his phone and answers, walking out of the room. Jessica looks at Danny than shrugs her shoulders.
A few minutes later Matt walks in the room.
"What did dad want?" Brandon says
"He is coming the game. He has been begging all season.
"That's fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yea, as long as he doesn't sit next to us." Jessica says
"Yea, I told him not to."
"Why does he have to come?" Brandon says
"He wants to see your brother play." Danny says with a smile
"Okay, lets go!" Jessica says standing up
They all leave the house and get in their car to head to the game.
"After the game we should do to Gia's for pizza." Matt says
"Sounds like a plan, remember the college scouts are coming to see you guys play."
"College?" Jessica looks in the back seat at Matt than looks at Danny.
"Yea, for a scholarship." Matt smiles
"College. Don't say it." Jessica puts her head down.
"Mom, it's gonna happen sooner or later."
"They start looking early sweetie." Danny takes Jessica's hand.
"Oh, Okay."
"Don't be sad mom. It will be a while."
"Can I have Matts room when he leaves?" Brandon says
"No, Matt keeps his room." Jessica says softly
"You can have it Brandon." Matt says
"Matt, won't you want to have your room?" Jessica looks back at him
"No, I will never be home to use it."
"Never be home, what?"
"I want to to go PITT."
"How did I not know about this. Danny did you know?"
"Jess, it's a great school. I thought you knew."
"I didn't. I thought he would go to Colorado State."
"No, only if I don't get a scholarship."
Jessica tears up than looks out the window.
Danny takes her hand but she moves it away.
"Jessie, come on." Danny says parking the car.
"I am fine."
**
Jessica, Emily, and Brandon sat in the bleachers and watched the game. Brandon hung out with his friends and sat with them while Jessica and Emily sat with some other football moms. Jessica saw Robert come in. He had waved to her but Jessica pretended not to see.
"Go Matt!" Emily yelled as he ran across the field with the ball
"Touch Down! Matthew De'Niros second one this