I Missed Home

The next day-

Jessica and the baby were finally discharged and able to go home. The doctors helped Jessica and Danny with making sure Marlowe gets her medicine and a list of symptoms they should look out for in case she needs to go back to the hospital. Marlowe was a lot better than she was before. It was such a relief to Jessica and Danny knowing she was okay.

They could finally bring her home so the kids could meet her. They hadn't been able to yet so Jessica was very excited.

When they got home the kids were at school. It was just Jessica and Danny. Dorthy was coming over later to make dinner for everyone. The kids would be getting off the bus in only a few hours.

"Welcome home little girl." Danny says carrying in everything.

Jessica held Marlowe in her arms and walked around the house.

"This is your home. Do you like it?" Jessica says softly

"Why don't you go sit down with her, I'll make some lunch." Danny puts his hand on Jessica's back and looks over her shoulder to see Marlowe resting peacefully on her chest.

Jessica and Danny stood there for a moment watching her sleep. Every breath was a blessing. Being able to bring her home was so surreal.

"Look at her little cheeks." Danny says

"She's just gorgeous, isn't she?"

"She is..."

"She might be hungry soon, I'll go feed her."

"Okay baby. Is grilled cheese okay for lunch."

Jessica turns to Danny and kisses his cheek. She nods and slowly walks over to the couch.

Once lunch was finished Marlowe was finished eating. Jessica set her bouncer next to the table and Jessica watched her as she ate.

"She's such a good baby." Danny says with food in his mouth.

Jessica giggled then continued looking at her.

"I can't take my eyes off her. I forgot what it was like having a little baby."

"It's pretty great, isn't it?"

"It is... It's hard for me to think that we were so close to losing her so many times. She's just so strong."

"She's strong like you." Danny reaches for Jessica's hand and and smiles softly.

**
Later that day//

Danny sat in the living room holding Marlowe while Jessica rested on the couch.

Jessica was awaken by the sound of the front door being swung open.

She quickly sat up holding her chest.

The kids ran to her with smiles on their faces.

"Mom! Where's Marlowe? Can we meet her? Where is she?" Brandon says hugging Jessica.

"You two have to be careful, mom is still in a bit of pain." Danny whispers

The kids widen their eyes and tilt their heads when they see Marlowe wrapped up in a pink blanket.

"Is that our sister?" Emily whispers

Jessica nods and kisses her forehead.

"You two can finally meet her now." Jessica turns to Danny and watches the kids slowly creep up next to Danny so the baby doesn't wake up.