Talk To Me

The next morning// Saturday-

When Matthew got home late last night he met Marlowe and held her for a while catching up with Jessica and Danny. Matthew being home made Jessica so happy. Finally being able to see him and see that he was okay was such a relief to her.

Jessica and Danny were up most of the night with the baby. It was Marlowe's first night home, so it was a bit tricky.

That morning Jessica and Danny were up early with the baby. All of Jessica's and Danny's family were coming over to meet the baby. It was going to be a busy day.

Around eight was when the kids started waking up. Danny made some breakfast for Brandon and Emily while Jessica fed Marlowe in the living room. Jessica and Danny wanted the kids to be surprised when Matthew came downstairs, so they didn't say anything.

"Daddy, is everyone coming over today?" Emily says with oatmeal in her mouth.

Danny cousins help but laugh. "Yes... but chew with your mouth closed, kiddo." He says

"I can't wait to see everyone." She says

"Kids, it would be great if after breakfast you get your showers then clean up your rooms. It would be a big help." Danny smiles

"Alright! But can I go see Marlowe now? I'm done with my breakfast." Brandon says showing his empty bowl.

"Yes, of course. Just be quite, she might be sleeping." Danny looks over into the living room and sees that Jessica was finished feeding her.

"Mom, can I hold Marlowe please!" Brandon begs

Jessica opens her eyes a bit more and nods. "Yes, come sit by me." Jessica pats the couch and Brandon gets next to her.

"Support her head, okay?" Jessica places Marlowe into Brandon's arms and smiles.

"Isn't she cute?" Jessica giggles

"Yea, I'm happy she feels better."

"Me too. She's a tough little girl." Jessica kisses the top of Brandon's head and puts her arm around him.

"Do you feel okay, mom?" Brandon says looking into Jessica's sleepy eyes.

"I'm just a bit tired."

...

"Matthew?" Emily exclaims from the kitchen.

Brandon's eyes widen, he looks at Jessica and smiles.

"Matthew is here?" He says

Jessica smiles and nods her head taking Marlowe from Brandon.

"Go ahead, go say hi!" Jessica smiles as Emily and Brandon hop into Matthew's arms and give him endless hugs.

Danny walks over to Jessica and takes her free hand. "Do you need help getting up?" He whispers

Jessica nods and he pulls her up gently. "Thank you." She gives him a kiss then turns to the kids.

"It feels good..." Jessica mumbles